Sunday, December 04, 2005

Stitch 'n' Bitch

I had my Stitch 'n' Bitch group a few days ago, a knitting group I started a year ago. There were three of us originally, and now we're up to 50 people on the invite list. Knitting is enjoying a tremendous resurgance in popularity at the moment, and therefore, the group is extremely diverse in age and other parameters. Our oldest member is 86, and the youngest is in her early 20s. We have a Ph.D., a World War II nurse, a stage actor (male), a rock star mom (really), entrepreneurs, housewives, moms, grandmothers, students, retirees, liberals, conservatives, etc. You get the idea. So it was with mixed reaction when, upon someone bringing up Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes expecting their baby, I dropped the, "oh please, Tom Cruise is gay" bomb on the group. There were women there who absolutely refused to believe it. Hard to believe, I know. But then, most of these women aren't addicted to Dlisted like I am. And trust me, I didn't share my dirty little secret with them, either. Just Tom's.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, December 04, 2005 5:24:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

LA you have a blog!! Let me be the first to say it looks great! I'll leave some additional comments below.

The Stitch & Bitch sounds like great fun!!

 
At Sunday, December 04, 2005 8:37:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks for the comments, GetFlix. I blogged for years but had to quit a year or so ago when a family member found it and all hell broke loose. Let's just say this is a fresh start.

Stitch 'n' Bitch rules!

 
At Monday, December 05, 2005 8:32:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I am tempted to ask how the heck a family member discovers you're blogging, but won't.

The idea that blogs have been around for years makes me feel a little slow.

 
At Monday, December 05, 2005 8:52:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

You can ask, and I can answer quite simply... Google. Which is why there will never be names on this blog.

I first started blogging before "blog" was even a term. I called it my web diary, it was self-published, and I did all the coding by hand. Doing it this way is much, much better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home