Thursday, December 08, 2005

Let It Snow

This is how it feels in Southern California these days, I swear to you. I know, it's in the 50s, and where my mom lives in Northern Michigan and where the photo was shot, it's like 7 degrees. But I'm still freezing. Of course, Mom's in Florida for the winter, so she's not worrying about any of this. Maybe I'm coming down with something. I literally shivered all day today as if I had true rigors. I really don't have time to be sick because tomorrow, I'm doing my Christmas shopping, and I do mean all of it. I have little if any patience for the crowds in the stores right now, and so my motivation is high to be as productive as possible and to use my time efficiently. I say that now, but watch me in the morning leisurely make coffee, start listening to music and get involved in something around the house. Must. Be. Disciplined. Oh hell, it will never happen. I have PMS. It's a lost cause.

7 Comments:

At Friday, December 09, 2005 6:52:00 AM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

God damn I'd freeze my ass off there. I hate the cold weather, the only thing I like about it is that I get to wear cute coats in the winter.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 7:15:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Welcome to my world! It's about 20 degrees outside with fresh snow.

But if you ski, it's white gold!!

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 9:14:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

I think it's beautiful, but I haven't lived in snow since I was 13, so I don't even know how to drive in it. Pix, don't worry, I have lots of cute coats. Californians bundle up when it gets in the 50s. GetFlix, I'm a disaster on the slopes. I just stay on the lodge and drink hot chocolate.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 11:03:00 AM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

GetFlix I think I'd freeze my ass off if I lived anywhere you live.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 11:57:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Pixie, you just need to do what LA does, and stay in the lodge and look at the hot skiers coming down the slopes.

And BTW, those are the dudes with money! They ski all day, and hot tub all night!!

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 12:02:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

I'm all for hot-tubbing all night!

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 2:08:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

the idea of living where there is snow on the ground makes me shiver.
NO WAY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home