Monday, December 05, 2005

Wall of Yarn


Posted by Picasa

This is my room that is most revealing. It houses my yarn, my books, my purses, my dolls, and my music. It's the room I work in all day, so I spend most of my time here (awake time, that is). In the photograph, you can see about a third of my purse collection. I collect antique and vintage purses, and most of them are little exquisite beaded numbers that I store flat so as to protect them from damage. The ones pictured are mostly newish with a few vintage thrown into the mix. My yarn used to be stored in an armoire in my bedroom until one day I was sitting, working, when I realized I could integrate the yarn, by color, in with the books. I get tremendous pleasure looking at this wall. When I was little, my dad traveled the world on business, and he used to buy me a doll in every country he visited. After he died a couple years ago and my mom sold the house, she called me and told me it was time I picked up my doll collection and kept it in my own house. I have a veritable treasure trove of dolls, and they keep my father alive in my heart.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 1:54:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Very organized. Your dad sounds like he was a cool guy.

 
At Tuesday, December 06, 2005 11:22:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

He was, GetFlix, and I miss him. Thanks for the comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home