Saturday, March 25, 2006

Knitty Solutions

So tonight is the big night. It's the one night a year I'm guaranteed to party like I'm in college again. Real life precludes my brother's band from playing very often, but it's a hell of a good time when they do. A few years ago, they threw me a bone and gave me a song or two to sing with them which, while a boatload of fun, still makes my anticipation of the night go from zero to infinity on the anxiety meter. I bought a this top (and others) to wear, but I was somewhat insecure about the having so much skin exposed. So I went to the yarn store yesterday, picked out a gorgeous skein of hand-painted, double-stranded silk mohair shot through with a little metal, and knit up a little shrug to lessen my stress level about being on stage. Here you go:



Update: I didn't end up wearing this at all, but I'm still posting a picture of it for the knitting.

1 Comments:

At Monday, March 27, 2006 12:06:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

ffleur - Oh, I love embroidery, but I don't know how to do it. My other hobby is beading. You can see some here. http://members.aol.com/pandoragrl/beadthumbs.html

A lot of my "knitty friends" are great at other needlework like embroidery and cross-stitch. I host a bi-weekly "stitch and bitch" group. We've got like 50 members, I'm totally in a knitting community. So fun! Did your mom ever teach you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home