Friday, May 19, 2006

David Gilmour

I've got a special musical treat for you today. Do you want to give your ears and your mind something extremely deliciously scruptious upon which to feast? If so, check out David Gilmour on AOL Sessions. Don't worry, you don't have to be an AOL member to watch and listen. Just click the link and search the Sessions archives for David Gilmour. He's way in the back because AOL has its head up its ass.

You may only recognize one song, Comfortably Numb, from Gilmour's Pink Floyd days, but for heaven's sake, do NOT skip out on the rest of the tunes, you will be doing yourself a grave disservice if you do. Just listen and close your eyes. This is the sound of love-making at its finest. It's somehow intense and serene and dangerous and emotional and gentle and passionate all at once. Sublime.


The drummer is local OC boy, Steve DiStanislao. I don't know Stevie D personally, but we share many mutual friends. Speaking strictly in terms of fantasy, perhaps someday I'll make his acquaintance and he will invite me to sit in on these sessions when he plays with the masters. I could curl up on the floor under the keyboards somewhere, close my eyes, and let my spirit leave my body and float away to nirvana. /end fantasy.

Goddamn, what the hell is wrong with me? Even my groupie fantasies are totally abnormal.

In other news, I'm going to the Da Vinci Code this afternoon.

3 Comments:

At Friday, May 19, 2006 1:02:00 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

LA, I blogged over from Bean's Blog - hope you don't mind. I will check out the link to David Gilmour on AOL. I'm a big Pink Floyd fan, but enjoy the individual member's solo stuff too. Thanks.

 
At Friday, May 19, 2006 1:07:00 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

By the way, it was not my intention to send my pic on the comment, but I'm new to blogging and can't figure out how to fix it. (It doesn't happen when I leave a comment on Bean's Blog). If you have any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

 
At Friday, May 19, 2006 5:48:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Can't wait for you Da Vinnie review!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home