Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Grey's Finale

UPDATED TOWARDS THE END!

Watch this space. In the meantime, if anyone wants to make comments on the show last night, go right ahead. You know where to click.

I'll start, and it's in response to a comment from Flix in the last post. I expected Denny to die, so even though I was sad, I wasn't surprised or anything. I felt like that story line had run its course. I was glad they had him die the way he did instead of in surgery (or because of what Izzy had done).

Did you guys notice that Alex - the guy who never wants to tell a lie - lied for Izzy to get that heart for Denny? And then he was like her knight in shining armour in the scene where he got her out of Denny's death bed.

Okay, comments are open for chat!

UPDATE:

The sex scene between Meredith and Derek didn't convince me of their deep abiding love, it only convinced me that they are horny for each other. It was cheap and tawdry, if you ask me. Also, I think she's going to still go home with Finn post-prom (!) and sleep with him. Then, they can have a story line next season with Meredith pregnant and unsure who the father is.

I love the Cristina/Burke relationship. He has so much to teach her about life.

I thought the best scene last night was where Richard calls all the interns in, one by one, the scene with Cristina in particular. Great to see her vulnerable.

Totally hilarious when Bailey is in visiting a convelescing Preston and notices the interns are missing and starts getting all worked up and yelling, even while Preston is lying there ill. I was cracking up.

Okay, I thought the whole prom thing was ridiculous. Honestly, if I didn't like the show so much, that would have really blown it for me. It was silly.

What's the deal? Is Izzy leaving the show? I hope not, I really like her character, and I think we're gonna see next season that Alex is really in love with her. I expect major growth in Alex as a person next season.

BTW, good acting by Katherine Heigl last night, she had to lose it a lot, and she did that well.

I don't care which one Meredith chooses, that was a weak way to end the episode for me.

12 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:25:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

1. Alex was a good guy in the end, and he totally made me cry.

2. Derek and Meredith did a bad bad thing. It just seemed wrong.

3. I guess Izzy is the intern who is leaving? That is so sad! I really liked her!

4. I'm really glad that George and Callie worked things out. I loved how George said he wanted to wait to tell her he loved her so it would be true. Oh, I love George.

5. Can you believe that Adelle knew the entire time that Richard and Ellis were having an affair?

I think thats it. What am I going to do until next season?

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:48:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

1. I've always liked the Alex character.

2. Izzy better be back next season.

3. Meredith, not unlike her mom, is a total ho. Expect her to go home with the vet in the next episode and doink him, too. (Let's just hope she washes down there first!)

4. I agree with Mish. The George/Callie thing rocks.

5. And I still don't know why Derek prefers Grey over his own hot wife.

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:52:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

I'm with Flix on a lot of this.

- Love Alex.

- Don't like Meredith with Derek.

- Hope Izzy is back.


Mish - did you hear someone was leaving the show? I know the actress that plays Izzy has a movie coming out pretty soon.

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 6:52:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i don't watch this show, but that doesn't mean i don't enjoy reading your recap! by the way, what happened to the vetrinarian guy, chris o'donnell. i don't know the character's names.

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 7:45:00 PM, Blogger JC said...

OK, this is just a comment to say hi to LA and GFlix after such a long time [taking a break from studying]...Miss my nights of blog reading...Hope you're havin a good time ;D
About G.A., as I said previously, I try not to read as the episored get delayed to Mexico, however, I think I read something that upset me a bit: Izzie. If she leaves the show, I'll stop watching.

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:24:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

LA - I only heard that one of the interns was leaving the program. I took that to either be that one of them was transferring out of surgery to another dept, or it may have been a way to say that one of them was leaving the program and therefore the show. I don't know which one it is, and I don't even know if its true. I hope Izzy doesn't quit the hospital!

 
At Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:18:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I think my major problem with the lead character Grey is she doesn't convince me as someone who can get it on at the drop of a hat. And it seems super unbelievable that she would doink Derek at the fake prom. So I think we can all agree that was the bad writing.

And I agree with Jesus on the Izzy thing. She better not leave. (Hey Jesus, hope you pull-off your studies!!)

For the most part, still an excellent show.

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:13:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

1. Alex opened up and we were able to see how much he truly cares for Izzy.I was sobbing by then because Izzy looked so lost and he guided her.
2. I can understand why Meredith slept with Derek, McDreamy. It happens. If he hadnt been married they would still be together. She wouldnt have slept with George, and everything would be peachy. I think the underwear are going to be found somewhere by somebody important but I cant begin to speculate.
3. I was supremely pissed at Christina for most of the night. I felt like she let Burke down when he needed her the most. I am glad she came at the end, but still...
4. Love Bailey, she is one of my favorite characters.
5. I think the prom thing was great. She is dying and didnt get her prom.
6. Izzy is leaving the intern program but not the show. I think she needs to deal with Denny's death, which killed me, and then I think she will come back.
7. Callie has not resigned for next year. I am sure she will be in a few, we just dont know for how much longer.
8. McVet has only signed on for 2 more episodes next year, and Addison, a total hottie, has signed on until early 07.
9. I hate George's hair this short. And I have a total crush on him.

Darth Va Jay Jay Putas

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006 8:27:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Yeah, you guys are right...Meredith's panties are going to turn up in an inopportune place early next season, probably Derek's suit jacket as found by Addison.

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006 7:37:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

you guys lost me in all your grey speak!! what about the vetrinarian guy???

 
At Thursday, May 18, 2006 9:55:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

PK - Meredith was gonna go home with him til she banged McDreamy in an empty hospital room!

 
At Saturday, May 20, 2006 8:55:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

This all seems so long ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home