Sunday, May 07, 2006

MySpaceOut

One day last week, Tuesday or Wednesday, I joined MySpace. Then, I left Thursday afternoon for Vegas, returning home Saturday only to find out that MySpace had made me something called a "cool new person." This means my face was plastered over the front of MySpace. I had over 1000 "friend" requests plus over 1000 other messages. And apparently, I'm still featured because even though I weeded through a couple hundred last night, I now have 1100 requests to be friends and just as many messages. OH.MY.GOD. What the hell have I done? The cool thing is, Daniel Lanois is one of my friends (at my initiation, he doesn't troll for friends), and that guy is one righteous genius of a musician. If you don't know Daniel Lanois, check him out at his website. He's most well-known for being a producer, U2's in particular, but he's extremely compelling in his own right, both as a songwriter and a player. A friend of mine had the supreme pleasure of opening for him a few years ago which is how I had the pleasure to see him live.

Anyway, if you're a MySpacer, my URL is http://www.myspace.com/purlupanddye. I don't personally know the band I'm featuring right now (The Films), but I found them on MySpace and think they're hot. The song on my profile page is really catchy.

14 Comments:

At Sunday, May 07, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

Lani the MySpace star!

:)

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006 1:54:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

LA you are on your way to being the next Tila Tequila!

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006 3:05:00 PM, Blogger Pope-rah said...

Michael Trent of the Films is a friend of mine. He dates my neice. Love them!!! So crazy that you have them as your profile song.

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006 6:18:00 PM, Blogger Matt Vella said...

I'ts those purty eyes that did it. ;)

 
At Sunday, May 07, 2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger joy said...

LA, you go girl!

Don't forget my clelb page is here now:
http://brandoordean.blogspot.com/

How was Vegas?

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 7:21:00 AM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I love the hat and you are very pretty. You look a bit like Liz Phair.

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 7:52:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Pix/Mike - LA Tequila (or single-malt Scotch, ahem)! NOT!

Matt - Those purty eyes are getting a lot of commentary, but they are entirely fraudulant, created with Liz Taylor violet contacts enhanced with very good lighting.

Joy - Thanks for the URL! I posted some comments last night!

Ffleur - I LOVE Daniel Lanois. He's amazing, and btw, he does some of his material in a half-French/half-English linguistic manner he describes as being sort of a regional dialect. Are you familiar with that?

I'll review Vegas sometime this week, after I recover (emotionally).

(p.s. I knit the hat)

Prunella - Thanks! Liz Phair! Wow! I really don't look like her at all in real life, though.

Pope-rah - That is probably the most amazing coincidence ever. I love that song, and you tell your niece to tell Michael Trent that I think those boys are loaded with talent. I discovered them on Markus' page. Markus is Michael K's friend (partner, actually, I believe).

It's Monday morning, back to business as usual.

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger sammy.the.k said...

i hate myspace, i dont understand why everyone loves it so much.

i prefer to go out and drink.

plus i get laid, which is probly why i dont understand it. only people who cant get any are obsessed with myspace.

*not saying ur one of the ms douches*

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 1:01:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Sammy - don't worry, I'm not offended. I joined MySpace for the access to great indie music and so I could see the rest of Michael K's photos.

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Oh no, LA! There's no turning back now.

 
At Monday, May 08, 2006 9:24:00 PM, Blogger joy said...

LA, you do have very beautiful eyes. I can see why you got so much traffic.

Be carefull.

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:01:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Joy - Thanks, they're contacts. I'm a brown-eyed, brunette Italian. Better living through chemistry, I always say.

Ffleur - I totally hear you. I didn't take it that way about Daniel, anyway. Your description of Patois sounds exactly what he explained in concert before he did a song in that way, which if memory serves, was indeed "Jolie Marie." A sad folk tale, indeed.

Michael K just has about maybe 6-8 random photos of himself on there that I hadn't seen before. One is classic, he is posing in front of a "Fruitopia" vending machine. I LOLed when I saw that. What a sense of humor on that boy. Michael has a headful of gorgeous, curly hair.

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 4:41:00 PM, Blogger joy said...

LA, you had me fooled, your eyes are still pretty.

Those blue contacts look real.

 
At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 7:23:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

congrats, LA!!! watch out for those sexual predators that look for young girls like you! haha

tell MK i heart him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home