Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Study in Shapes

Thanks for the good wishes yesterday when I was under the weather. Actually what happened was I had gone the day before for my annual TB test. They give you a little injection under the skin and then you go back 48-72 hours later to see if you develop what is called a wheal. I get my "official read" tomorrow (although I can tell it's negative), but for the first time in ten years, I suffered some side effects from the test and got a fever and some malaise. It was a good excuse to go to bed early and read.

These shots were taken over the weekend in downtown Long Beach at the Blue Cafe. I was waiting for some friends outside on the patio, trying to block out the shitty blues band that was playing inside, and got distracted by these circles and lines. It should be illegal to play the blues in broad daylight. The whole vibe says "night" to me. The second band was much better than the first. Maybe I'm still a little cranky from yesterday. Maybe.

10 Comments:

At Thursday, June 29, 2006 2:42:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Hospital workers, teachers, and I think new students get TB tested.

Actually, TB is quite alive and well.

It's 2:30 in the morning? What am I doing up? A neighbor's alarm is ringing nonstop, interrupting my much needed sleep!

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:55:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

The whole concept of playing the blues in broad daylight does seem off. I never looked at it that way.

 
At Thursday, June 29, 2006 5:52:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

Your photos are really great. Do you use a digital camera or is it professional quality? I got TB tested at my last physical. It sort of freaks me out if I think what it involves.

 
At Sunday, July 02, 2006 4:50:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Kookla - Digital, not professional, just a good little workhorse of a 4.0 megapixel Casio Exilim.

Yeah, the whole TB test thing is bizarre. I wish I didn't have to do it, but alas...

 
At Monday, July 03, 2006 11:19:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

hi LA! just catching up.

i love the blue cafe! but i had the same problem you did. the music was annoying. jazz is more suited for daytime, blues at night.

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 8:40:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That TB test sounds draining. Although, on the bright side, I would imagine having TB would be a bigger downer.

Blues music during the day is just not right. It's offputting.

 
At Tuesday, July 04, 2006 9:17:00 PM, Blogger joy said...

Happy 4th of July LA !

 
At Wednesday, July 05, 2006 8:31:00 AM, Blogger Kite Girl said...

how the hell can u take those shots with 4.0 megapixel? i have a hard time getting pics that good with my 5.0 megapixel polaroid camera! lol...maybe its cuz my hands get shaky and i cant hold the stupid camera still! :P

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

paula, you lost me at how the hell. i don't even know how to use a cell phone. honestly.

 
At Thursday, July 06, 2006 9:20:00 PM, Blogger Leisa said...

Where are you LA?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home