Friday, December 09, 2005

I Love George


I read something funny about "Good Night, and Good Luck." But first, you need this piece of knowledge to understand the hilarity of what I'm about to tell you. When they made the movie, they didn't use an actor to play Senator Joseph McCarthy. Instead, actual film footage of the man in all his blustery glory was used, juxtaposed into the film to develop the plot.

So here's the item I read recently. Apparently, during screenings of the movie to test audiences, they received a lot of feedback to the effect of, "the actor playing Joseph McCarthy is over-acting!"

I'm torn. Is this more of an indictment of McCarthy's (Limbaugh-like) bombasity or the tragic ignorance of our culture today? Thoughts?

8 Comments:

At Friday, December 09, 2005 2:07:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

tragic ignorance

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 7:22:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

After careful consideration of the question, I'm with you, Mike.

 
At Friday, December 09, 2005 8:08:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I am with you on Clooney being an exceptionally talented person. He has a likable personality both on and off the screen, yet tends to steer his creative juices towards cutting-edge topics.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Mike V. said...

BTW, Clooney as an actor has done a complete 180 as to what I think of him.
When he was on ER, I thought he came off smug and not that great. And I thought he was a complete dummy for leaving a hit TV show with guaranteed big dough.
Then he did Batman. Yikes.
Then he did Out of Site. Wow, loved that movie, even liked J. Lo in it.
The whole cast was great from Steve Zahn to classic small role by Michael Keaton.
Then George did Three Kings. Again, great movie and he was awesome in it.
O' Brother Where Art Thou sealed it for me. He's just damn good. I even liked Oceans 11.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 4:04:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Yes! Out Of Site. Great film.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:38:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

"Yes! Out Of Site. Great film."

GetFlix - Which one?

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:25:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

you silly, that's the name of the movie.
you didn't read my post.
that brings me sadness.

 
At Saturday, December 10, 2005 11:28:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Goddamn, what's embarrassing is that I DID read your post... I'm just so brain dead that I completely didn't make the connection. My bad. My REAL bad! (Honestly, I'm a smart woman. People in my real life would be laughing hysterically right now at that gaffe!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home