Monday, January 02, 2006

Close-Up Scratch


close up scratch
Alfie was really sick of me pointing the camera in his face, so in order to look away, he invented an itch on his chin. Cats do this. When they want a distraction, they suddenly have an itch that must be scratched right now. But who can blame Alfie... he's been putting up with me for years. He's my oldest cat; but for an old guy, he's really just a big baby.

At any rate, this photo holds three distinctions on Flickr. First, it's my #1 most viewed photo; and secondly, it's also has been called a favorite by more Flickr users than any other in my photostream. It's also my only photo that's been invited to join the group "Search the Best - By Invitation Only."

So it's pretty safe to say that this is my best shot to date. And it's also safe to say that Alfie is one of my very favorite subjects.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

How cute he sort of looks like the infamous thinking statue.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 10:15:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I like Alfie.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:09:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Tuesday, January 03, 2006 11:15:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Alfie, the deep thinker! NOT! The most thinking he does is how to torment the other two cats. Really, he's sweet, but he likes to assert his seniority in the household.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home