Monday, January 30, 2006

Oscar

So tomorrow is the big day. That is, it's the day the Oscar nominations are announced. The competition is pretty fierce this year, and maybe even more so than previously thought after last night's surprise Brokeback shutout at the Screen Actors Guild awards. Of course, the Academy is not SAG, and Defamer has a pretty hilarious post here.

As much as I loved Brokeback Mountain and have been advocating it to everyone I know, I'd really like to see Good Night, and Good Luck get some recognition from the Academy, especially in the areas of writing and performances by an actor (both lead, David Strathairn as Murrow; and supporting, Frank Langella awesome as William Paley). Of course, I'd like to see Jakey get a nod, if for no other reason than to see him in all his glorious hotness dressed up in a tuxedo, and as my sister pointed out, to prevent him from throwing a little bitchy hissy fit like he did pre-Globes. Plus if he gets nominated, he's sure to maintain a high profile for the next five weeks, giving the papi ample opportunity to photograph him with his adorable two dogs romping at the dog park in Laurel and Runyon canyons. You gotta love that.

I'll blab more about this after the nominations are released tomorrow morning.

4 Comments:

At Monday, January 30, 2006 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

LA, I'm such a nerd! I didn't even know you had a blog, too! I just started mine yesterday, so forgive me for being so dull. And thanks for the head's up, didn't know tomorrow was the BIG day!! I so love watching the Oscars.. well, to see what everyone is wearing and what they're up to.

But these blogs are so great! It's a fun way to meet new people to stalk!! ..giggle... And I love Shawshank Redemption! Forgot that one on my list.

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 12:57:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

I love this to La
I havn't missed one ceremony since I was 7 years old.

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 5:14:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Donnie got the nod!

 
At Tuesday, January 31, 2006 6:21:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

getflix - It's a happy day, indeed!

NV and JD - I totally love the red carpet and seeing the fashions! It makes up for the 75 percent of the show you don't care about.

NV - Welcome to blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home