Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Obligatory Close-Up of a Rose


yellow rose
My friend's husband who has breast cancer received excellent news today. The final pathology report from his surgery last week determined that he is cancer-free and needs no further treatment. Hear the huge sigh of relief.

In the meantime, a very dear and nearly life-long family friend is being worked up for lymphoma, and I don't think his outcome is going to be as rosy. I saw him during the holidays, and he looked systemically ill. They lived across the street from us when we were growing up and are like family to us. They were my parents rock when my dad was ill. This one's going to be rough.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:45:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

LA I am so sorry.

 
At Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:33:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

No news yet. It seems like all I'm doing lately is waiting for potential terrible news!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home