Friday, January 13, 2006

Six to Eight Black Men


David Sedaris Posted by Picasa David Sedaris is one of my all-time favorite writers and humorists. The first time I read him, my sister was staying the weekend at my house when she lived out of town. She woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of what she thought was me sobbing. She came into my room to see if I was okay and found me laughing so hard, I couldn't even answer her. I should warn you not to read him on airplanes unless you're willing to make a complete ass of yourself. Trust me, I speak from experience.

You can click here to listen to him live, reading one of his pieces entitled Six to Eight Black Men. Straight-up hilarity.

(p.s. The link works, but I usually have to click it once, get the error message, click the back arrow, try again, and it works. Go figure.)

2 Comments:

At Friday, January 13, 2006 11:51:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

I've read 3 of his books, they are really good stuff.
VERY funny guy, even for us straight men.. :)

 
At Sunday, January 15, 2006 1:45:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Mike - I think Sedaris appeals to smart people of any gender or sexual preference. Are you familiar with Eddie Izzard?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home