Thursday, March 30, 2006

Cymbidium

If you look carefully, you can see two kitties in the window.

In the middle picture, someone was jealous that I was shooting my cymbidium and not him! You can actually see the pout on his face. What a baby!

Anyway, the story on the plant is this. I knit with a very diverse crowd, and my knitting circle has enabled me to expand my circle of friends to include a lovely 86-year-old lady who raises orchids. Last summer, she brought two plants over to my house. The one pictured has blossomed beautifully in the last week or so. The other has buds that are trying to burst open as I type this. What a lovely gift she has given me.

3 Comments:

At Thursday, March 30, 2006 3:57:00 PM, Blogger Pope-rah said...

stunning!

 
At Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:50:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

so pretty, I am envious.

I'm hoping that two small orchids that I nursed for a while are finally going to show off some nice flowers.
if so, I will post them.

 
At Saturday, April 01, 2006 8:08:00 PM, Blogger Leisa said...

LOVE the red door!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home