Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ugliest Mansion in Town

 I hate this house. It doesn't help that I strongly dislike the owners. They are mega-wealthy, which I don't hold against them, but they also happen to be mega-assholes.

They built this monstrosity a few years ago on two beach-front lots. It's a single, U-shaped house. It's hard to tell from here, but this house is very large. It goes very deep from the street, and seriously, it's probably in the 8000 square foot range. Thing is... IT'S FUG! Going against it first off is the color, and secondly, the unhappy marriage of a pseudo-Mediterranean architecture to an English garden. Besides the architecture and lanscaping not working together, they've got to be the only people in Southern California to get a Mediterranean wrong. It's a style I'm naturally drawn to, but here, it's awkward. As far as I'm concerned, the entire property is an eyesore.

Rumor has it Cameron and Justin bought the place they vacated (also in the neighborhood), but I don't think I believe it because I've never seen them - nor the paparazzi - around town since that rumor surfaced. Maybe they're the ones behind the renovation of the last house I with the Prairie window and they just haven't moved in yet?

6 Comments:

At Thursday, March 09, 2006 6:36:00 PM, Blogger Not-So-Naughty Voyeur said...

I guess my thought is that it could be a lot worse. Perhaps I'm too hick to get it. I like the gardens, and at least they're trying to do something unique. I suppose I need to see the rest of the hood to get the full 'eye sore' of it. LA, you snob ;)

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:09:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

The colors are dreadful and it looks really dark and dreary. You can tell right away when a house has an unpleasent past.

 
At Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:36:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

It's fug times 2!!

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 1:55:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

NV - They built this place from scratch and with basically unlimited funds. There are so many pretty homes in the area, and this one is just ugly by comparison.

Ffleur - They are in their 60s, and as I understand it, this is their "dream house" to live in the rest of their lives. I guess their children will have to worry about selling it someday, but since they do have such a prime spot on the beach, it may not be as difficult as you think.

FUG FUG FUG FUG FUG!!!

 
At Friday, March 10, 2006 9:07:00 AM, Blogger Mike V. said...

that thing is freaking horrifying.

money does not buy taste, that's for sure.

anyone that has seen even 5 minutes of MTV Cribs knows that..

 
At Saturday, March 11, 2006 2:06:00 PM, Blogger bird said...

LA you made me laugh out loud!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home