Thursday, May 25, 2006

Alphabetical Lists and Technology

With the advent of the ipod that automatically alphabetizes songs and artists, I wonder how many will name their act/song/album with words beginning with the letter "A" so that they can be first on everybody's playlists. Maybe that's what Angels and Airways are all about.

I'm just kind of fascinated by how the music plays out when I let it go by songs. Songs on my ipod that begin with the word black:

Black - Pearl Jam
Black Coffee in Bed - Squeeze
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
Black Sky - Sam Phillips
Blackbird - The Beatles

ADDENDUM: I'm presently doing laundry, listening to Zeppelin's "Since I've Been Loving You," and adding more CDs to my ipod (I currently have a little over 900 songs). This import session includes:

Dookie - Green Day
The Fabulous Baker Boys Soundtrack - Dave Grusin
King's Road 1972 - 1980 - John Wetton
Yesyears (Disc One) - Yes
Audioslave - Audioslave
Live Through This - Hole
Recipe for Hate - Bad Religion
Peter Gabriel Plays Live - Peter Gabriel
The Unforgettable Fire - U2
Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby - TTD
Eponymous - REM
Nevermind - Nirvana
Walking in London - Concrete Blonde
Greatest Hits - Louis Armstrong
Discs I, II, III of the first Led Zeppelin Box Set

8 Comments:

At Friday, May 26, 2006 8:17:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love love love Pearl Jam!!! Swwoonn

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 11:58:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kasmir is another favorite

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

I own almost every one of those records.

Hey, our car fooled us yesterday that it was going to crap out really close to you on the way home from Magic Mountain.
Oh, and the traffic was so awesome on 405 with an accident in the two left lanes near LAX.

We ate at a diner in Westminster that was not half bad in the Motel 6 parking lot..
:)

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

OMG, Mike, you were like one exit away from me!

You also have great taste in music!

(The 405 is a freaking nightmare almost 24/7 now)

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 1:20:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I think traffic everywhere is going to completely gridlock someday. Memorial Day is a holiday best enjoyed at home.

LA, I don't see the word disco or boogie anywhere on that list.

 
At Friday, May 26, 2006 2:12:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

I never know what's the best way to traverse through that LA traffic.

Do you go through town on 5, or shoot around the edge on 405?
Crapshoot.
Had that accident not been there, I think the southbound 405 would have been fine, because it was hauling ass all the way from the valley, up and over the hill and through hollywood and up to a couple miles north of the scene.

BTW, the meskin food at the diner was not half bad. And the fried chicken looked awesome.
Then again, I am a sucker for non-chain coffeeshops/diners. Always have been..

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 10:06:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

LA, I don't see the word disco or boogie anywhere on that list.

Flix - You got that straight!

Mike - I live right off the 405, so I always use it unless my destination is off the 5, which it rarely is.

 
At Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:09:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i am such a musicholic that i have to dump stuff off my iPod to put new stuff on. i could probably swap iPods with you and never miss a beat! great selections.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home