Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Obligatory Grey's Post

Sunday night's episode of Grey's was great. I'm really looking forward to this-coming Sunday and Monday's 2-part season finale!

I think the scene everyone is talking about is the faceoff in the stairwell between Meredith and Derek. As much as I don't like Meredith, I was glad to see her finally let McDreamy have it. Thing is, he's probably going to have a real negative attitude about women since, in his twisted mind, both his women have cheated on him. He seems to have forgotten that he originally met Meredith by picking her up in a bar. She was out skanking when he met her, and for some reason, he put her on a pedestal anyway. Poor McDreamy and his unreasonable expectations.

And what about Cristina falling asleep during sex with Burke? It was hilarious except poor Burke was really put out by it. And I love him when he's being all sensitive, it totally rocks. Damn, I think I'd stay awake, no matter how sleep deprived I was. Burke is hot, and if they break Cristina and Burke up, I'm so there to mend his broken heart. His and McDreamy's.

Of course, the main medical storyline was a good one with some terrific guest star acting by the guy who played the intern at the other hospital. They should make him a new character, maybe have him transfer to SGH. I wept like a child when he was apologizing to the father of the woman he killed.

And finally, after making Alex the object of all scorn the week before, Alex was the hero this week, heroically performing the C-section on the dead woman and gently caring for and reviving her newborn. I actually dig that the writers are playing with us regarding Alex. One minute, you gotta hate him; the next, you must love him. I think he has potential to be a very dynamic character.

I can't WAIT for Sunday and Monday!

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:24:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I've renamed Derek as McJudgmental. He was just mad because he still loves Merideth, and it was all well and good when she was still pining away for him and he was going home to his wife, but now that she may have found someone else, its all yelling and anger. Jerk.

Alex is a hard character to invest in. He's one of the strongest characters, but you never know from one week to the next if he's going to be a good guy or the scum of the earth.

Here's my question: Now that Izzy has bugged George into moving back in, why is she pissing him off by being weird and mean to Callie?

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:47:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Derek needs to grow-up. Be happy Grey is getting laid.

And Burke needs to grow-up, too. Who hasn't fallen asleep or come close to it during sex? It's like the highest compliment.

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:53:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Seriously flix? Like you banged her to oblivion or something? I've honestly never thought of it that way. It seems more like the lowest form of disrespect to fall asleep on someone during sex, but maybe I need to rethink the psyche of men. Damn you guys are so complex while pretending to be so simple. ;)

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:55:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

mishy - some people on the Grey's message boards are calling him McAss.

Alex, to me, is very compelling. He has his own set of morals, and he adheres to them very strictly. Thing is, we don't know what they are all yet, and some of them we don't agree with. Remember the "pain as an ethos" guy?

 
At Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:19:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

LA, it's just a comfort zone thing. (Not that it should happen often!)

 
At Wednesday, May 10, 2006 8:19:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I cant wait for Sunday and Monday, in anticication. I just hate losing all my shows at once. 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, Grey's, Real Housewives of the OC. It is just sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home