Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A Day at the Ballpark

Approaching Dodger Stadium. That's my sister in the blue shirt with the long hair. In front of her is my brother on the left, and the two young brothers-in-law on the right. They are my brother's wife's little brothers, aged 16 and 9 (the 9-year-old is directly in front of my sister, you can just barely see an arm). So the 16-year-old brother-in-law is like 6 foot 3 now, and when I met him three years ago, he was shorter than me (I'm 5 foot 2). Damn kids these days!

Look carefully in the top of the photo and you can see the blimp!



The next four pictures are of the interior of the suite. Thank goodness we had this because it was about 102 that day, and had we not had air conditioning, I would have passed out. These suites are pretty sweet. Yeah, that's a flat screen TV above the chow, but I gotta tell you, it didn't have a good picture.



This is the view straight out into the stadium. We had two rows of seats outside, and if you look in the upper right-hand corner, you can see that there's closed circuit TV of the game out there. There are also four (!) televisions above the window looking out (you can just see the bottoms of these four sets), in addition to the flat screen on the wall above the food. They really don't want you to miss anything on television!



This is the little seating area. New this year is a computer, you know, in case you can't find anything to watch on television and don't want to watch the game. The 9-year-old brother-in-law was on Ebay for about four innings, looking at Star Wars toys and Legos. He also had The Matrix on one of the televisions and was monitoring the action there in between pointing out which toys he wants.



Just in case you can't find anything on the other six televisions in the room, there is ONE MORE TV above the "kitchen" area. I don't think you can tell, but we were watching the French Open on that set. There was a single remote control that operated all these televisions, and I am still in awe that my brother knew how to operate it. Personally, I was over-stimulated by all the media options. Who am I kidding, I was on Myspace and Blogger within five minutes of walking through the door. That fridge was stocked!



See the guy in the yellow shirt, dead center in the picture? That's former Dodger manager, Tommy Lasorda (the new owner is one person over on the right). Lasorda was a friend of my dad's, so no shite about him is allowed in the comments or you will be blasted into deep space. Lasorda was actually the smartest guy in all of Dodger stadium Saturday. He sat in that blazing sun for about one inning and then took off for cooler environs.



That's T0m H@nks' suite, the last one just before the press box begins. No, he wasn't there that day, maybe because he didn't feel like slumming in a room that only has six television options. (Can you tell that I can't get over the fucking TVs?)



Yep, there is a big LA painted on the floor just outside the door where the two rows of stadium seats are. I couldn't resist taking this shot. Who knows, it could be my avatar one day. As Mike V. pointed out a couple posts ago, the Dodgers beat the Phillies 8-2.

Thus concludes my report on my annual trip to Chavez Ravine/Elysian Park/Dodger Stadium. Over and out.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:25:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

LA, don't you get cranky out there in that e those hard seats and screaming people and the HEAT ?

and thinking about the traffic jam getting out of Dodger Stadium?

 
At Thursday, June 08, 2006 9:31:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

LA, this is the one and ONLY way to see dodgers stadium! this looks like a blast!!

GO GIANTS!!

 
At Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

we're missing a picture of you in your Dodgers cap, beer in hand!

 
At Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:38:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Great post, LA. You westcoasters have perfected the art of name dropping. There's a celeb around every corner.

 
At Thursday, June 08, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Joy - I'm always pretty cranky, but yeah, really cranky in the heat. No traffic because the game was empty because of the temperatures. It was easy out.

Kitty - Agreed!

Mike - Ha! I'm always behind the camera, so there were no shots of moi that day. I didn't get any Dodgers caps because my brother's clients grabbed most of the schwag. I did get a FSN cap.

ffleur - That's about what I did, sans the nap!

Flix - Awwwww, I don't know how to take that! I can't help it that my dad was in sports and my brother is in media.

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 9:41:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

These suites are pretty sweet.

You said suite and sweet in the same sentence. HAHA. Sorry it's friday, looking for humor. Glad you have a good time, I still love going to baseball games. They are so much fun to be in the crowd. I am poor so we sit in the blazing sun, but most of our games, Round Rock Express (a minor team owned my Nolan Ryan), are at night. It's still 96 degrees here though at 9 at night.

 
At Friday, June 09, 2006 10:54:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

LA, I mean it as a compliment. It's funny how you can point over to Hank's box and comment on how it's empty!

You dry wit rocks!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home