Monday, June 12, 2006

Miscellaneous Whining

This is Alfie. He's pictured here sitting on my desk while I'm trying to work (blurred out due to the confidential nature of my job). I can't begin to tell you how impossible it is to work with him stretched out in front of my monitor like that. But I digress.

Anyway, poor Alfie. Yesterday I noticed that when he was sitting, he was holding up one of his front paws. So I started to pay closer attention to him when he's ambulating and jumping, and sure enough, he's favoring the other side. Today, I saw him licking the pads on the affected paw, so I managed to take a look (against his protests, cats HATE being examined), and sure enough, one of his little pink pads is darker pink than the rest.

He may be experiencing sympathetic symptoms to my own. I have plantar fasciitis which is similar in debility to a heel spur acting up in my left foot. In fact, it's really bad right now, and it's all I can do to get out of bed in the morning and not fall on my face. Oh, and I had a fantastic Mexican meal the other night at Pancho's in Manhattan Beach, but my reflux has been acting up ever since. Wah wah wah. God, I want to whine! Did I tell you about my right knee? Oh, never mind!

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 12:52:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

Poor LA, I hope you have some pain killers. I love how your kittie requires you attention even when working so very sweet and comforting.

Chloe did something similar this past weekend, I was sleeping and she came up to my face and opened her mouth, sh had one of those twist-ties for trashbags lodged in her gums, OUCH she patiently let me pull it out. then licked my face.

Mmmm mexican food I miss good mexican restaurants. Luckily I know how to cook the real thing at home. It must be genetic but I don't get any acid reflux from mexican food :)

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 8:50:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have some Darvocet...

Poor kitty. My kitty was fixed 1 week ago. Last Thursday I noticed her stitches came out and there was a gaping hole. So I took her to the vet and they stapled her ass shut. Saturday I noticed it was infected. Took her back to vet Monday, he resewed her shut with more stitches and gave her a cone. Yes I am now a proud mommy of a cone kitty. It's cute I am going to post the pic up soon. But if she doesnt quit licking it and it heal, then they have to do more surgery and cut away the skin and resew it back. It's worse than a college education.

 
At Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:17:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

Pancho's Rocks! Best margaritas around. I am working right down the street from there. Maybe I can slip out and...


Hope Alfie's doing better! Very cool blog.

 
At Wednesday, June 14, 2006 9:48:00 AM, Blogger Pope-rah said...

Owwww! sorry LA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home