Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The PT Lofts - An Update

Finally, there have been a couple developments in the PT Loft project, my potential future home. The first piece of good news is that the environmental impact report was certified by the Long Beach Planning Commission a couple of weeks ago. According to the website, full entitlement by the City Council is expected to be granted in March. That's essentially the greenlight they need to begin construction which is expected to take 2-2.5 years. In addition, the building was vacated this past weekend when the newspaper moved out after 81 years. You can read about the Long Beach Press Telegram's history with the building here.

Stay tuned.

UPDATE: I found this article with details of the planning commission meeting. Hysterically enough, there was an ad banner for one of my favorite gossip blogs, Defamer, across the top.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 7:26:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I'll get a bottle of champagne chilling for the loft warming party!

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 7:44:00 AM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I bet that will be an awesome space!

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 10:48:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Very cool, LA. While the building is tres awesome, I'm actually most impressed that it has palm tree views. I guess that isn't a very exciting feature in California, but I'm in awe.

Keep us posted!

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 2:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that would be so cool. I hope you can get a place there!

 
At Wednesday, December 06, 2006 7:49:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Cool!! The enviromental impact report/study is usually one of the most major hurdles.

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 3:39:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

This is cool news. I sure hope you get dibs on one with a great view. I have some friends that got into that whole Playa Vista development before prices became too outrageous. They now sit on a piece of sweet property.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home