Saturday, April 21, 2007

Car Show

I took this photo from the center of Main Street, Seal Beach, straight ahead to the pier. Unfortunately, I only had my camera phone, and you can't see the flag pole in front of the pier with the flag at half-mast in honor of the Virginia Tech killings this past week. Nevertheless, I think you can see it was a beautiful day, and lots of people came out to enjoy the annual Seal Beach Car Show which I attended strictly by accident. It just sort of popped up in the middle of my walk.

7 Comments:

At Saturday, April 21, 2007 9:07:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Finally. We had a day like this today, too.

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 12:02:00 AM, Blogger EditThis said...

I just noticed flags at half mast the other day. It took me a moment to put two and two together.

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 1:04:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I've enjoyed lovely weather this weekend as well.

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 4:26:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

lots of flags at half mast in the desert, but it made me think - what are the criteria for lowering flags to half mast? I'm not suggesting they should not have been lowered for this tragedy, but I thought they generally were lowered over head of state/political figures dying? Or am I just making this up?

 
At Sunday, April 22, 2007 7:28:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Diane - You're not making it up, and you raise a good point. I'll wiki the query a little later and see if I can find any guidelines.

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 2:49:00 PM, Blogger pelegrim said...

I like cars and I like shows. Too bad I missed it!

 
At Thursday, April 26, 2007 4:58:00 PM, Blogger v said...

Seems you had a wonderful walk through the car show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home