Monday, March 10, 2008

Six Feet Underwhelmed About the Return of Network Television

I've only had cable a couple of years, so during the strike, curiosity got the best of me, and I finally checked out the feast that is Six Feet Under.

Wow.

I loved Six Feet Under. I watched the finale almost two weeks ago, and it's still fresh on my mind. I'm not even close to giving up the Fishers yet. And by the way, what about those final 5 minutes of the show? Now that's the way you close out a series. Beautiful.

Maybe the worst thing about watching 6FU during the strike is that now I'm pretty underwhelmed about the return of network programming. Yeah, I know, I'm weak and I'll end up watching anyway.

But damn, why can't more shows be like 6FU? Why does Shondra Rhimes have two shows and Alan Ball none?

Here's a cool little factoid about Peter Krause. He saw this singer in a little club in Santa Monica, kept in touch with her, and decided to executive produce her CD when she lost her funding. What a cool guy, I love stories like this (video below).

Before I get to the videos, I wanted to say how exciting it was to feel my niece kicking in her mama's belly for the first time the other day. My sister-in-law is almost in her third trimester, and everything's going very well. Happy days in the A family.





7 Comments:

At Monday, March 10, 2008 5:24:00 PM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Six Feet Under was such a great show. I miss it too.

There is nothing cooler than feeling a baby kicking away ready to pop out. Once I saw my friends baby jam his foot against her belly so hard I could make out the toes. Trippy!

 
At Monday, March 10, 2008 8:58:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I've seen a few episodes of the first season, and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I have no way of seeing it now, based on my cable package and lack of rental options.

Look forward to the baby stories!!

 
At Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:15:00 PM, Blogger EditThis said...

I freaking LOVED Six Feet, and have really missed it since it's been off the air. Glad you got to watch the whole thing.

 
At Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:34:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

peter krause was so amazing on that show, along with the rest of the cast. loved the mom.

 
At Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:59:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Spring babies are so much cooler than other babies. Trust me. Im a spring baby.

Television is trying my patience lately.

 
At Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Ok, 6 feet under was good, but check out Deadwood and the Wire on DVD!

 
At Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:58:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

Yay, for 6 Feet Under!
Glad you enjoyed it. Was one of my favorites of all time from HBO.
Wonderful show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home