Sunday, February 10, 2008

Odds and Ends

My sister-in-law is halfway through her pregnancy, and this is the little dress I'm currently knitting my niece. I have a couple more inches left to do on the skirt, and then I'm going to add ruffles to all the openings.

I love AAA. I went to start my car the other morning and my battery was dead. I remembered that a couple years ago the Auto Club started something called "battery service." Sure enough, they came to my house, tested my battery to confirm it was indeed the culprit, and replaced it with a new one. The entire cost was $120, they installed the battery while my car was in my own garage, and the entire thing took 15 minutes. Easy, convenient and inexpensive... it doesn't get much better than that.

The WGA strike is all but over. If you're curious as to how the remainder of this season will play out, TV Guide has posted a show-by-show guide here. With the exception of the possible straight-to-DVD bullshit for the series finale of Scrubs, I'm mostly happy. A couple of my favorites aren't coming back until fall (Pushing Daisies, Dirty Sexy Money), but at least they are coming back. Mad Men season two starts this summer.

Awesome Super Bowl, super fun half-time show. Here's Running Down A Dream at the end of which you need to check out how freaking hot drummer Steve Ferrone is (second from right). Oh. My. God. Listen, I've met Steve a couple times, and his British accent only adds to his ample charm.

I'm leaving Saturday on vacation for a week. I'm going to Florida and South Carolina. I know, it makes no sense to me, either.

4 Comments:

At Monday, February 11, 2008 10:35:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

The dress looks nice. (A true gift from the heart!!)

$120 is a great deal. No matter how you cut it.

Thanks for the TV Guide link. (Unfortunately there is no info on The Unit.)

Have fun on your vacation!

 
At Monday, February 11, 2008 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Love the dress! the bow is adorable . . .

AAA rocks!

I'm volunteering to help you plan some vacations that don't involve family obligations!

 
At Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:29:00 AM, Blogger kookla@work said...

Have a great time on your vacation!

Sorry I've been MIA, but work is giving me the blues.

Cute dress...

 
At Thursday, February 14, 2008 12:31:00 AM, Blogger EditThis said...

Thanks for the great episode list. I'm really bummed about Heroes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home