Saturday, June 28, 2008

Smiling at Three Days Old

Oh my gawd, I love this little face so much.

Ava's home now and getting settled into her routine. She has met all the animals (one dog, two cats), and everyone is getting along well. The animals quickly satisfied their curiosity and are mostly disinterested.

My mother is insisting that babies this young can't smile, but I don't know how you can look at these pictures and claim she isn't smiling?

Look at the expression she's making when she looks at her daddy. (I strongly recommend you click on the images to enlarge them.) Is it a frown? No. Is it a scowl? No. Is it a smile? Yes. Yes, it is. And as you can see, Ruby is a very sweet and gentle good girl with the baby.




8 Comments:

At Monday, June 30, 2008 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Too cute! Labs are great with babies.

 
At Monday, June 30, 2008 4:12:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Monday, June 30, 2008 4:55:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Ruby is such a good dog. She's been great with the baby.

 
At Monday, June 30, 2008 8:02:00 PM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Looks like a beautiful smile to me.

 
At Tuesday, July 01, 2008 12:44:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

She's so tiny!! Dad looks like he's in 7th heaven!!

 
At Tuesday, July 01, 2008 2:39:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

I know, Danny, right!?

He is, Kookla. He's out of his mind in love with this baby. It's so fun to watch.

 
At Friday, July 04, 2008 1:56:00 PM, Blogger EditThis said...

OMG - that is a cute ass baby.

 
At Saturday, July 05, 2008 12:05:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks, Edit. I think so, but I'm a little biased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home