Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wrong Family Member in the Hospital

My sister-in-law has "dropped," is six days away from her due date, and everything is ready, so when the phone rang today, I was sure it was time for my little baby niece to enter the world. Alas, my mom went to the hospital instead. It's kind of serendipitious, actually, because she's passing a kidney stone. She's in way too much pain to see the irony of that, so please, keep good thoughts for her. She's 2500 miles away and was really suffering when I talked to her today. With any luck, by the time she's feeling better, she'll have a granddaughter to celebrate.

5 Comments:

At Friday, June 20, 2008 7:39:00 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

Good thoughts and prayers are coming your way.

 
At Friday, June 20, 2008 8:35:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks, Dan, I really appreciate it.

 
At Friday, June 20, 2008 12:30:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

I'm sorry to hear this! I hear passing a kidney stone is as painful as giving birth, so my sympathies to both women...

 
At Friday, June 20, 2008 12:35:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks, Kookla. The update is mom's resting comfortably at home with narcotics, so she's feeling a lot better. My sister-in-law is still waiting, waiting, waiting...

 
At Sunday, June 22, 2008 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Oh my! Sorry to hear about your mom - glad to hear the drugs have kicked in and she is resting comfortably.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home