Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Night Sky


night sky (click it!)
The fact of the matter is, my camera doesn't have uber-zoom enough to shoot the sky. Nevertheless, I more or less lucked out with this in that you can actually see the planet Venus hanging out with la Luna. Aren't the girls of the sky pretty? Now that I own my very own tripod, I'll be able to experiment more with nighttime, long-exposure photography to which I'm rapidly developing a strong affection. I've had my digital camera for about 10 months now, and I've shot more than 6000 pictures. My mother has had hers for 1.5 years, and I think she's taken 50.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:53:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

LA I love astronomy! I even have monthly charts that point out which stars are visable during that month. But I haven't been star gazing in so long. Sad isn't it?

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:10:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Pix - Finals are over! Go do it, girl!

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:56:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

LA I like the way your digital handles color. What kind of camera is it?

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:33:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

GetFlix - It's a Exilim EX-Z40. I don't think you can get that particular model new any longer, but the Exilim line is great. http://exilim.casio.com/

Have fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home