Saturday, February 04, 2006

Landslide

Let's get one thing straight from the top. I'm 42 years old, and to this day, Stevie Nicks rocks my world. I'm listening to the original version of Silver Spring (not Springs) right now, and to my ears, it sounds as fresh as it did the day it was released as the B-side of Go Your Own Way. Which is why I need to say how disgusted I was yesterday when I was driving home from Trader Joe's and heard Smashing Pumpkins' version of Landslide. Billy Corgan's vocals are an abomination and should be banned from decent society everywhere.

::: sniffs the air ::: Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:05:00 PM, Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

I LOVE that long coat she is wearing.....it tis beautiful!

Billy Corgan singing anything is retched in my opinion! ;)

 
At Saturday, February 04, 2006 9:28:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

I guess I shouldn't tell you that I sorta like the Pumpkins AND that version of the song.

Thankfully, I know when not to speak in public. :)

 
At Sunday, February 05, 2006 12:17:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Jane/Gen - Isn't that a GREAT coat?

Mike - Other men have told me the same thing. I think one might require a Y Chromosome to like Billy Corgan. I failed to mention that I'm completely annoyed by his guitar work in that song, too. Lindsey Buckingham did such a beautiful and tender job of the plucking, and Corgan plays it half-assed. I'm a purist when it comes to FMac.

 
At Wednesday, February 08, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Brandon - It's The Dance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home