Monday, February 13, 2006

Stitches

I leave Wednesday for a 5-day trip that is essentially a yarn orgy. There's a big retail trade show called Stitches West (there are Stitches East and Stitches Midwest events as well). It's being held in the heart of the Silicon Valley, so who knows, maybe I'll see Steve Jobs wandering around, ipod headset in his ears, fingering the alpaca and cashmere. What you see pictured is two of the eight shelves I have filled with my yarn supply. I realize that to some people, it would appear that I have a small yarn store in the making, but I intend to enhance my stash while I'm on this bounty hunt. I get back Sunday night, and then Monday is my birthday. I'm not sure if any of the other knitting freaks I'm traveling with will have their laptops with them (I don't have one myself), so I may not be able to blog nor read Dlisted for nearly five days. Sometimes we have to suffer for our art.

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 5:48:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

LA:
I would love to see some of your knitting art. Your trip sounds really fun to me actualy. I hope you have fun and come back with some cool ideas. Be safe and have a very happy birthday!

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:36:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks, Joy! I'll post pix when I get back. Are you a knitter/crocheter?

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 2:23:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Sure, you can always ask me knitting questions. I can't crochet to save my life.

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:31:00 PM, Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Wow LA, that your yarn collection looks soooooo fun, I want to touch it all! I love that tactile sensation, and I promise, my hands are clean! :)
My grandmother taught me to knit when I was young, but I haven't picked it up in years! However, I do like to do needlepoint, and I have been working occasionally on a fairly good size Mona Lisa the past two years, she is about 3/4 the way done. I should post a pic of it one day on my blog. Well, have a safe and fun trip, and a most HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :)

 
At Tuesday, February 14, 2006 11:58:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

That's a good stockpile. It won't stand a chance once you get back with new ideas!

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:48:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

La:
No but I've always admired people that have the patience to sit down and create something beautiful with knitting needles.

 
At Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:30:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Jane - Can't wait to see Mona Lisa!

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone... I'm outta here in a few hours. I miss Dlisted already!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home