Wednesday, April 19, 2006

50 Worst-Ever Albums

Here are the top 50 worst-ever albums, according to Q Magazine. I know a lot of you saw this at Dlisted, but I had to repost it here so 1) I, confessed music junkie, wanted to make comments, and 2) my non-Dlisted friends would see it. My sister is going to shit when she sees the Traveling Wilburys are on this list!

OST = Original Sound Track

The list:

1. Duran Duran – Thank You
2. Spice Girls – All Their Solo Albums! - Indeed. All the Spice Girls albums, too.
3. Various – Urban Renewal: The Songs Of Phil Collins - Urban renditions of Phil Collins songs? Oh hell no!
4. Lou Reed – Metal Machine Music
5. Billy Idol – Cyberpunk
6. Naomi Campbell – Babywoman - What? She made an album? Oh, you know that sounds nasty!
7. Kevin Rowland – My Beauty
8. Mick Jagger – Primitive Cool
9. Westlife – Allow Us To Be Frank
10. Tim Machine – Tin Machine Ii
11. Limp Bizkit – Chocolate Starfish And The Hot Dog Flavored Water - Haha! Take that, Fred Durst, you jackass.
12. Tom Jones – Mr Jones
13. Bruce Willis – The Return Of Bruno (snicker)
14. Terence Trent Diabolical – Neither Fish Nor Flesh - I gotta tell you, I love Terence Trent D'Arby, and this album sucked. It was such a letdown from Introducing the Hardline According to Terence Trent D'Arby which was a GREAT album.
15. Various – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band – OST - I've got this on vinyl.
16. Spice Girls – Forever
17. Bob Dylan & The Grateful Dead – Dylan And The Dead - I've got this one, too.
18. Crazy Frog – Crazy Hits
19. Goldie – Saturnz Return
20. Mariah Cary – Glitter OST
21. The Clash – Cut The Crap
22. Robson & Jerome – Robson & Jerome
23. Alanis Morissette – Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie - I'd put Jagged Little Pill on here, too. I can't stand this "artist."
24. Lauryn Hill – MTV Unpugged 2.0
25. The Cranberries – To The Faithful Departed
26. Vanilla Ice – Hard To Swallow
27. Destiny’s Child – Destiny Fulfilled
28. The Rolling Stones – Dirty Work
29. Various – Christmas In The Stars: Star Wars Christmas Album - WTF?
30. Michael Jackson – Invincible
31. Stevie Wonder – Woman In Red
32. Ace Of Bass – The Sign - I totally agree.
33. Billy Ray Cyrus – Some Gave All
34. Fishspooner - #1
35. Puff Daddy – Forever
36. Kula Shaker – Peanuts, Pigs & Astronauts
37. Shania Twain – Come On Over
38. Chris Rea – The Road To Hell Pt2
39. Big Country – Undercover
40. The Others – The Others
41. Paul Simon – Songs From The Capeman OST
42. Babylon Zoo – The Boy With The X-Ray Eyes
43. The Travelling Wilburys – Vol 3
44. Kiss – Music From The Elder
45. William Shatner – The Transformed Man - Why didn't Shatner just retire after Star Trek?
46. Oasis – Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants
47. Ozzy Osbourne – Under Cover
48. Milli Vanilli – All Or Nothing
49. Neil Young And The Shocking Pinks – Everybody’s Rocking
50. Beck – Midnight Vultures - Beck is a Scientologist, enough said.

Next year, we can revisit this list and expect to see the debut albums of both Paris Hilton and Kevin Federline in the top ten.

9 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 6:17:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

you know, I have 400 cd's within my line of sight right now, and none of these.
however, I do have the first Wilbury's cd and others from a lot of these artists..

 
At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

Beck does indeed pray to space aliens..

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 1:38:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

You mean Beck is a sceintologist?

I am surprised that The Cranberries made the list, I liked to the faithfully departed very much.

 
At Friday, April 21, 2006 8:19:00 PM, Blogger bird said...

Yep Beck's an L Ron devotee...sad isn't it?

LA, your comments are funny...I don't know what half these albums are, though.

I want to hear the Star Wars Christmas Album very badly!

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 11:28:00 AM, Blogger Mike V. said...

Beck was one of those people "born" into it.
His parents worshipped space aliens first.

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 7:06:00 PM, Blogger JC said...

Oooooooouch!!! I actually love Melanie C (formerly Sporty Spice). Her last solo album was very good in my opinion. If you wanna give her a try and download a couple of songs,- probably not gonna happen but still - I recommend 'Better Alone' and 'First day of my life'.
Then, Alanis Morrissette: dear LA, this time I'll disagree, I quite like her. 'Hand in my pocket' is like, one of MY songs...
So, maybe we shall say this list is very relative to who you are??? I'm so hurt :'(

 
At Monday, April 24, 2006 12:38:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Jesus, my dear friend, we're going to have to agree to disagree about Alanis. I've never liked her. Perhaps you dislike Stevie Nicks, and then we'll be even? ;)

I have to admit that I've never heard Melanie C solo, so I will keep an open mind.

bird - I'm a music freak, so I live for these lists and dissecting them at every turn.

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 4:28:00 PM, Blogger JC said...

Ok, we're even LA! :)

I'll post a music list later this week, let's see what you think...

 
At Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:51:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

It's a deal, Jesus! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home