Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bye, Ryan

Short and sweet and a bit disjointed Rockstar wrap-up tonight because I need some sleep, and there's nothing eloquent coming from my cerebrum right now.

I was never on Team Ryan, so tonight's elimination was cool with me. I was worried Storm would be eliminated and miss her chance to perform an original song, so I'm really happy she's still around.

I was thrilled to see my boy get the encore, and OMG, the audience was eating him up. That was beautiful. His momentum is like a runaway train right now.

I felt Lukas sounded good on the SN tune, but the song sucked, don't you agree? It was cool that Magni was the only rocker left sitting, and I'm only guessing, but I bet he'll perform with SN next.

I was pleased that Dilana hit the bottom three. I thought she phoned in Psycho Killer (an old favorite of mine), and had elimination been based solely on the three performances tonight, she'd be holed up in a Hollywood hotel tonight, out of the mansion, and on her way home.

I made it the whole day without the spoilers. That's right, I actually watched the show unfettered. I haven't done it that way in weeks, but I truly enjoyed it. It will take willpower I probably don't have, but I'm going to attempt to finish out the season without spoilers. Please don't mock me when I fail.

So the top three rockers turned out to be Magni, Lukas, and Toby. My sister and I agreed that will probably turn out to be the final three of the whole series. Discuss?

Rockstar's over in two weeks, and after that, I swear to god, I don't know what's going to occupy my brain or my blog. This show hooked me like crack and I'm seriously concerned about withdrawal. Maybe I'll write Rockstar haiku.

I've been listening to The Panic Channel these days, check them out.

'Night.

8 Comments:

At Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:16:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

good performances, but it was definitely ryan's time to go. i don't think he's on the same page as supernova and let's face it, he sucks. even tired (foo much fun the night before?) this was a great write-up, as usual!

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 8:37:00 AM, Blogger Pope-rah said...

I knew it! But honestly, I loved his original.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:37:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Eh... Storm or Ryan could have gone and I wouldn't have cared much either way.

I'm over Dilana and I'm flirting between Team Toby and Team Magni.

I'm looking forward to that haiku, LA!

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Ffleur - Yes, Lukas is from Toronto. Another one of the contesants who was eliminated early on was from Vancouver!

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 7:51:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Last years winner, JD Fortune, and Lukas have a lot in common.

-They are both Canadian.
-They both lived in Toronto for a while.
-They were both homeless in Toronto before Rockstar.
-They both caused some tension and trouble in the Rockstar Mansion.

If Lukas wins this year, you know a bunch of down and out Canadian boys will be trying out for the third season.

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 9:22:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

I heard a rumor that the next installment of Rockstar is going to be all women contestants!

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:13:00 PM, Blogger eddie said...

So la what do you think of the Panic Channel? Rolling Stone only gave them a star and a half....

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:21:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Eddie - I saw that Rolling Stone review. I don't agree with it, I think TPC is solid. I d/led the CD the first day it was available. Check out their songs Bloody Mary, Why Cry, and Teahouse of the Spirits.

www.thepanicchannel.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home