Saturday, August 26, 2006

More Supernova

Toby, Dilana, and longtime LA DJ, Richard Blade, a few weeks back.

MTV just celebrated, what, it's 20th or 25th anniversary or something? We've become a very visually-oriented culture which is why I recommend you go here and listen to the Supernova performances without the accompanying video. I think you'll be surprised at the difference. You'll discover who's pitchy, who's strong, who's not as good as you think they are. That said, Toby's is an even better singer than I thought (and it's no secret I was high on him in the first place). (And Gilby Clark's background vocals are abysmal.)

5 Comments:

At Sunday, August 27, 2006 2:51:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

I thought Richard Blade left KROQ?

Aha! remember his flashback weekends, so well.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 7:42:00 AM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I've practically stopped watching TV altogether now that I can get a boxed DVD set of an entire season of a show and watch it straight through without commercials.I'll probably check this one out at some point.

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 8:37:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I take back my snarky comments about Blade, he seriously must be in his 60's now, but looks great in this photo (I think he is at 98.7 FM now . . .

 
At Sunday, August 27, 2006 2:28:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

sometimes i am busy doing something else when rock star is on, and i could totally hear who is not cutting it. also, i am freakin' thrilled that i don't have sit through another patrice performance. she makes my neighborhood dolls howl.

 
At Tuesday, August 29, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Blogger eddie said...

I get Mr. Blade on Sirius. Not bad. I will also agree with Ms. Jones about Dvd boxed sets. Just watched the first season of The Pretender. Very cool......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home