Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dave's Encore

If Dave Grohl ever breaks his hands and loses his voice, boyfriend has a career ahead of him in stand-up comedy. I've never laughed so much at a concert. He loves to talk, it's great. He did something I've never heard of him doing in the eleven years since Kurt Cobain died... he introduced a song by telling a long and detailed Nirvana story. Pretty sweet.

And this is for GetFlix who says that we Angelenos have a special talent for dropping names. Lance Armstrong was at the show and stood about 15 feet from me as he waited to gather up his skanky date before they went to their seats. And no, his date wasn't Matt or Jake. He was kind of smaller than I expected, although you could see that he was pretty ripped underneath his grey T-shirt. Good times at the Pantages Theater in Hollywood.

8 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:32:00 AM, Blogger kookla100 said...

How cool was this show? You know I'm a huge Grohl fan. Looks like you had pretty good seats too. Fun times!!

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:28:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Yay! Can't wait for Thursday!!!!!

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 8:20:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

Awesome, I lovvvvvvve going to concerts!

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 7:15:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

Oh man I would have loved to be there.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:46:00 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

I really love the Foo Fighters. I am glad you had a blast. When you saw Lance, did you automatically start scoping the audience around him looking for Jake? I know my radar would have been on like nobodys business.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Ryan - Dude, totally! Once I saw Lance, my JAKEdar was on HIGH ALERT! Trust me, he wasn't there or I would have seen him AND photographed him!

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 3:18:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I guess this proves my theory, LA!!

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 4:20:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

Hey, sounds like you had an awesome time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home