Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stevie @ the Bowl with the Heartbreakers

Stevie Nicks has more or less been on tour with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers this summer/fall. She's not at every show, but she's at a lot of them, singing back-up, dueting with Petty, and even taking lead on a couple tunes. She takes final bows with the band, and by all reports, she's revitalized these old boys (although I think she's actually older than any of the Heartbreakers). So here's a cool shot of Stevie at the Hollywood Bowl last weekend on stage with Petty and Mike Campbell. You can click on it to make it larger. Hopefully, I'll have some video in the next few days from the show last night in Berkeley. Maybe I'm just biased, but I think she looks fantastic for a nearly 60-year-old woman.

Of course, the million dollar question is whether or not she will be on Lindsey's tour.

8 Comments:

At Sunday, October 01, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

did you go to see this? because i will be amazed if you didn't. not only does this look like an awesome concert, but at the hollywood bowl? my dream is to see elvis costello there one day!

 
At Sunday, October 01, 2006 1:01:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Kitty - While I regret missing these shows, the truth is I'm not a TP fan at all. I like Mike Campbell and his side project (The Dirty Knobs), but not Petty.

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 12:57:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

true. you would have to endure tom petty's nasally twang, but a glimpse of stevie would cure your bloody eardrums!

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 7:55:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I love those boys - I used to go to all the TP and the HBs 20 some years ago . . . even back then Stevie occasionally came out to duet w/ TP - and always wore those platform boots that she must have had custom made.

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 8:16:00 AM, Blogger Mike V. said...

I would have liked to see that.
Big Tom Petty fan, have seen him several times and it's always a great show.

He played with Beck here in San Diego, but it was a school night and getting to and getting home from that damn Coors Ampitheater is such a pain in the ass I couldn't bring myself to do it.
God, I am getting old.. :)

 
At Monday, October 02, 2006 8:26:00 PM, Blogger ffleur said...

I thought Stevie and Tom Petty were getting it on when they did "stop dragging my heart around". Sure seemed like they were into each other.

I doubt Lindsay's young wife would let Stevie tour with her hubby.

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:12:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

LAAAA!!! today is lindsay's birthday! where's the love?

 
At Tuesday, October 03, 2006 8:12:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

ffleur - They were!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home