Monday, September 25, 2006

Brawny Man - A New Obsession

So McDreamy has lost his appeal and Grey's got off to a slow start this season, Rockstar Supernova is a distant memory and I've grown bored with Toby and EVS, and, seriously, what's Jake Gyllenhaal done for me lately? A whole lotta nothing, that's what.

Which explains why there was an opening in my heart in which the Brawny Man has taken up residence.


Now, I realize Brawny Man is a fictional character who was developed to sell paper towels to housewives. I also understand that he is the moral equivalent to Betty Crocker in that he has updated his iconic image in order to stay au currant. These are just a couple of the many, many reasons I adore Brawny Man.

And in case you haven't heard, Brawny Man has been running the Brawny Academy this summer for some men whose women sent them off for some advanced training in sensitivity, chivalry, and all things manly.

Today, the final chapter in the 8-episode-long series became available on the website. Watch as the Brawny Man puts the guys through the obstacle course in high heels with baby dolls strapped to their chests. Swoon at the armory and jousting-on-tricycle event. Weep during the therapy sessions and poetry writing. Laugh as they learn to dance the salsa. It's all good.

Now we, the viewing public, get to vote on which camper is the most-improved caveman.

But most importantly, the folksy wisdom of the Brawny Man is not to be missed, not to mention all his red plaid flannel shirts that barely conceal his rippling muscles.

13 Comments:

At Monday, September 25, 2006 8:39:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Sigh . . . I had Simon Baker picked out as this year's yummy tv male, but the whole psychopathic personality (his character, not him) kind of interferes with the whole fantasy . . .

 
At Monday, September 25, 2006 11:51:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Diane - Brawny Man is omniscient.

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:37:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

I love a chivalrous, rugged man!

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 5:50:00 PM, Blogger joy said...

I have to admit since I was a little girl, rugged men never did it for me. I was always drawn to very afemminite boys.

When these type of guys approach me, I get so repulsed!

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:09:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm a rural Canadian girl. Any man in plaid flannel does it for me.

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:02:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

LA, you kill me! The Brawny Man, it has come down to this?
Yeah, I agree, Jake needs to do something right this instant, or McSteamy needs to come back into the Grey's Anatomy fold.

Though Grey's got off to a slow start this season, they did focus on George most of the episode. Screw McDreamy and McVet, George tricks my trigger! Does anybody else see any sex appeal in George, or am I just a little off? I loved it when once again, he didn't tell Callie that he loved her!

 
At Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:58:00 PM, Blogger ffleur said...

Brawny man on the right hand roll looks like a gay icon. Let me guess, its the one from the 80's?

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 12:16:00 AM, Blogger joy said...

Ffleur, he's the bastard son of The Village People!

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Mike V. said...

Yea, the Brawny man always represents the current look of a young gay man.
The young and shaved look must be in now..

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 1:21:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

mike v - I thought that was the job for the Marlboro man?

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:05:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Ryan - You're going to hate me, but I can't stand George. I love Alex. What a brute that man is! LOL.

Please don't hate me!

 
At Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

haha desperate times require desperate measures. i won't even admit what i'm watching on tv these days!

 
At Thursday, September 28, 2006 2:46:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

I hear McSteamy makes another appearance tonight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home