Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Waiting for a Sign


Two things. The first is that Blogspot has been brutally slow and quirky with the uploading of photos lately. The second is that somewhere along the line, I've picked up an annoying yet full-blown cold. The combination of these two things is going to abort any attempt I may have made at witty commentary concerning the signs I found on vacation.


That said, I firmly believe a lot of these photos speak for themselves and require no further explanation nor written editorial. I mean, what could I possibly add of relevance to a very, very small town having a beer joint called Chum's bar? Not a whole helluva lot, I promise you. But I do suggest you click that picture and see it in it's full scale glory, it's a lot better that way.


Tell me, is there some kind of law that all small towns have a Ben Franklin dime store on Main Street? As you can see from this guy's glove, I was in Michigan. He's representing the Wolverines, not the Spartans, yo. And this guy was the only person of color I saw the whole time I was there, although there were some Mennonites at the Saginaw airport, and they were pretty colorful.


I'm saving my photos of Midwestern architecture for last because I think they are among the best. Hopefully Blogspot will cooperate with that venture. M*A*S*H just came on in the other room, and I'm going to take my box of Kleenex and go watch it.

11 Comments:

At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 5:56:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

Sorry about your cold LA get plenty of rest. I can't wait to read your witty comments about your trip to the Midwest.

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:01:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

cool photos - how do you manage to position the photos interspersed with text, rather than all at the top?

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 6:46:00 PM, Blogger joy said...

Feel better LA, Blogger is a lazy bitch! IT's so frustrating!

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 8:23:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

that sky behind chum's bar is awesome! and i would totally get a drink there, just so i can say i did!

feel better. you must have caught what anna nicole did from that "cold snap".

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:05:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

LA, I've been waiting and you've finally delivered. While I can claim a decent amount of travel on our coasts, this boy has limited exposure to the midwest. (Although I must admit these photos strike a familiar small town feel.

I think you have photographed the brilliant cold, clear, Canadian air that is about to cross New England tomorrow. The weather folks keep saying we're about to get super bright/cold weather from the Great Lakes.

 
At Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lani, email me about a better way to do your photos.

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

That poor pumpkin. He's so worried about his ass that he doesn't even realize he's without a neck. Like Tyra Banks says: You never want to lose your model or your neck.

Feel better LA! Did this cold come from the chilly weather?

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:38:00 PM, Blogger Pope-rah said...

Yes, Blogger is a no good jerk about loading photos lately. Also, could you please tell the pumpkin that it's does indeed look big.

 
At Friday, November 03, 2006 7:07:00 AM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Feel better soon. Don't you loath colds? ugh.

Those pics are cool.

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 5:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At Wednesday, January 10, 2007 5:00:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home