Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Old Man and the Strings

Did anyone in So Cal feel an earthquake about 10 minutes ago (11:15 pm or so)? It wasn't huge or anything, just a little shake?

I might be imagining it.

Do you remember when I went to a going-away bash recently and everyone got to leave with an original painting of their choice? This is the one I chose, newly returned from being framed.

As you can see, I had the perfect spot for it. It's great to finally have a Joe Ongie original in my home.

Better yet, this painting hung in the restaurant Joe and his wife Catherine owned, a place from where I have many fine memories, musical and otherwise. I love having a little piece of the Gypsy Den in my living room.

9 Comments:

At Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:03:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh my. Earthquakes would freak me right out. Do you get them often?

Love the painting, LA. That is a very cool gift to give at a party.

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:10:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Original art is such a nice touch to any home. (And nice choice on the frame, too.)

We get mild earthquakes once every 5 years or so. Still kinda freaky.

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Ah I kinda miss those little shakers tho not the Northridge type quakes. Tennessee has tornados which I have yet to experience (knock on wood)

Cool painting. I like the way you've displayed it.

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:34:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I didn't notice the quake, though I did wake up about that time

Love the artwork and love the grouping where you have it displayed!

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 1:55:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

I found the Earthquake. It was a 3.9 in Devore. There were two quakes within minutes of each other.

http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/ca/

 
At Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:36:00 PM, Blogger v said...

Great painting and a lovely frame. And you definitely have the perfect spot for it.

PS - Cool guitar!

 
At Friday, May 25, 2007 9:46:00 PM, Blogger ffleur said...

I like the display of the guitar, wall hanging (with a guitar!) and the new painting.

but what really catches my eye is your ipod thingy. Can't remember what its called but I want one. Do they come in ipod mini size?

 
At Friday, May 25, 2007 9:54:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Ffleur - It's called a docking station. This one is made by Bose, but there are other manufacturers as well. The Bose docking station comes with various sized adapters so that all ipod sizes will fit. Best of all, the sound quality is fantastic.

 
At Monday, May 28, 2007 5:56:00 AM, Blogger ffleur said...

Thanks for the info. One for the Christmas wish list...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home