Saturday, October 20, 2007

Beer Shark Mice

Any Scrubs fans reading this? I got a group together tonight to see Beer Shark Mice which is otherwise known as Neil Flynn's (Janitor!) improv troupe. My sister wanted to go, but she has a friend in from out of town who invited her to another gig tonight, including the Weird Al after party.

Let me just repeat that so it sinks in:

Weird. Al. After. Party.

My sister chose Weird Al over The Janitor. See, if you live in Los Angeles, you can see The Janitor doing improv every week, but it's not every day, week, month, or year that you get invited to a Weird Al after party.

I just need to say that over and over so it sinks in, such is the absurdity.

7 Comments:

At Saturday, October 20, 2007 9:28:00 PM, Blogger EditThis said...

Neil Flynn is my favorite character on Scrubs. My favorite Janitor episode is the one where JD sees the Janitor in a film (The Fugitive) and finds out he used to be an actor. The coolest part is that Flynn was actually in the film in a small role, and they reprised the footage in the show. How was he live?

 
At Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:43:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Sunday, October 21, 2007 7:46:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

That's a great episode, Edit. I think it's the one of the first ones where they humanized The Janitor a little bit. Neil was very funny in real life. They do an hour show that starts out with an audience member shouting out a setting, and the four guys in their group take it from there, riffing for about an hour. And, O.M.G., Neil's probably 6 foot 6, I'm not exaggerating.

 
At Sunday, October 21, 2007 8:20:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Wow, Weird Al is cool enough to have an after party? I would have thought he would have had to go home to set his perm.

I love the janitor.

 
At Sunday, October 21, 2007 8:23:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Weird Al, WTF?!? I had no clue that he actually toured and people pay to see him. I would pay him to shut up.

Beer Shark Mice actually sounds like a ton o' fun. Oh the Janitor. I am not a huge Scrubs fan, but I am entertained by Neil Flynn due to his evil antics on the show.

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 9:42:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I didn't even know Weird Al was still performing. Did she have fun?

 
At Monday, October 22, 2007 12:13:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

OMG, Neil Flynn (the Janitor) is about 6 foot 6! The guy is seriously a giant.

Flix - My sister was surprised to find she totally had a blast. She has nothing but praise for Weird Al!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home