Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Baby's Got Back

This is a tote bag I've been working on. The knitting is all done, but I need to send it out to get it lined. I went wayyyyyy outside my box on this in terms of color. I typically knit with either neutrals or deep, rich shades. On this project, it's like I OD'ed on a bottle of Prozac and picked the happiest color combination I could find. It totally says Hawaii to me. Or maybe Saturday morning cartoons while you're eating a bowl of Fruit Loops.

This was my first time knitting with beads. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so it probably won't be my last.

These first two pictures are the front and back with the sides and bottom showing.






Back and front, sides and bottom tucked in (sort of).

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:05:00 PM, Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Gorgeous LA! I love the colors, and the one side reminds me of a Piet Mondrian painting.....love the overall design, it is very, very pleasing!
BTW, I am now craving some Fruit Loops! LOL!

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:08:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Funny you should say that, Jane. This was our knitting project at camp this year, and I was comparing it to a Kandinsky (not many people there knew WTF I was talking about). But honestly, I think you're closer with Mondrian. Thanks for the props!

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 6:36:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

do you make money from the things that you knit, or is this your hobby only?
just wonderin..

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:29:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Mike - It's a hobby, although I have sold a couple things to friends when they have insisted. But I don't endeavor to sell things nor do I market them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home