Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Not So Subversive Knitting

(top) Here's a shrug I made, modeled by one of the ladies who goes to my knitting group. It's a long srug, one size fits all, and this woman is probably about a size 4, so it's a bit drapey on her. The lace border was really fun but also challenging.

(second) This is how it looks folded in half.

(third) Here it is opened up, as you would get ready to put it on.

(bottom) This is a close-up of the lace from the inside where it is attached.

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:29:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Very nice!

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:41:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

OMG how pretty!

How long did it take you to knit it LA?

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:51:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Thanks, guys. Pix - It's so hard to say because I would work on it and then put it down for weeks and weeks at a time. I started it approximately last May or June and finally finished it about three weeks ago. I had someone else put it together,and I just got it back from her.

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

Stunning work LA!...and in my favorite color, green!! You are such a talented girl....love it!! :)

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 5:13:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Wow. Thats really pretty! I would love to learn how to knit. Its one of my goals for this year. Hopefully I'll actually get my ass in gear and do it!

 
At Thursday, March 02, 2006 10:31:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

mishy - It's really fun, I hope you give it a shot. I wasn't very good when I started out and I had a very frustrating learning curve, but after I got through it, it has become like meditation for me. It's so relaxing. Also, knitters by and large tend to be nice people, so if you get into it, you might look into finding a group of people to knit with on a regular basis. It makes it that much better!.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home