Monday, August 07, 2006

A Moving Target is Hard to Hit

Here's another shot of an interesting piece of architecture in the LBC from my Saturday afternoon drive.

I decided to pimp some sites you may have otherwise never heard about. Not the usual suspects like Dlisted or Lainey, but some more obscure places that I enjoy for various reasons.

Beginning with celebrity gossip with a twist, check out the genius that is The Gilded Moose. The Moose lives up to its tagline - Gossip for Smart People. I particularly enjoy regular features like "When Paparazzi Express Their Creativity" and again here as well as randon posts like Paris Hilton Ascends to Heaven; Patron Saint of Ferrets. Check out the Hall of Fame for such gems as Sharon Stones Demands 51 Percent of Ewing Oil and Jennifer Aniston Gives Shout Out to Her Niggas. One great thing about the Moose is its dedication to the ongoing adventures of Jake Gyllenhaal.

A couple other celebrity gossip sites that I appreciate because they never, ever lose their voice are Defamer and The Bastardly.

Defamer is totally irreverent and I love the comments (and unless you're an industry insider, you won't be able to comment, it's that exclusive). They are having a field day with Mel Gibson, and they're always spot-on with recent gems like Tori Spelling Flags Down Camera Crew to Bemoan Lack of Privacy and Burgergate: What Makes Ellen Pompeo Thin.

The Bastardly is written by a couple straight-up horn dogs talking about famous (and infamous) women and the fantasies they're having about them. I should be mortally offended by The Bastardly, and to a degree, I am; but it's genius in it's own sick way, and I appreciate the unabashed and unedited look into the mind of the heterosexual male. I love the ongoing series, Jay Leno is a Horny Bastard not to mention the brown-bagging of "buttaface" celebs.

As an answer to the bastards at The Bastardly is Don't Date Him, Girl!
Do you need to warn the world about your psycho ex? List him or run a search on your new man here.

This is a cool photostream of abandoned couches.

Do you like to read? Check out The Literature Map to discover new authors based on your favorites.

Looking for hot a Sikh? Try Rate My Turban.

Music lovers, check out Pandora which I just discovered on a hot tip from the brilliant Michael K.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:35:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Great tips, thanks la!

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:00:00 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

LA- Pandora is hot shit! Thanks for the tip, you rock!

 
At Tuesday, August 08, 2006 11:06:00 AM, Blogger Mike V. said...

I love that house. Excellent combination of fun, current paint use and the loveliness of an older home.
Bravo!

 
At Thursday, August 17, 2006 7:17:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

Hey, thanks for the tips. You know I'm always trolling the internet, so I appreciate any new sites. What is the deal with Dlisted these days? Love Michael K, but there is so much hate going on. But I must admit, it's gotten better since they got rid of that clique.

I still never comment, just lurk.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home