Tuesday, August 08, 2006

RS/SN Performances Week 6

I'm tired and I'm not going to write a full recap tonight but just hit on a couple quick points. It was a great performance show. I think now that they've shed some dead weight, the whole thing was kicked up a notch. My faves this week were Lukas, Toby, Magni (the Magnanimous), and Dilana. Loved them! I'm sure Lukas has the encore locked.

I think the bottom three will be come from these four:
Josh
Jill
Zayra
Patrice

But if they have five people stand up, who will be the fifth? Will it be Ryan or Storm?

See, this is why it's getting interesting. If they continue to have five people stand up on Wednesday night's elimination show, they're going to be reaching into the real talent this week. Ryan and Storm are both strong contenders, but I think they were the "middle two," if you will, this time around. Neither of them should have to stand, but it's going to be interesting if one of them does.

Jill didn't butcher the Tracy Bonham song as bad as I was afraid she would, but she was so busy posing as a tough chick, she didn't sing it well either. Is this finally the end of Jill? God, I hope so. Josh was really weak, too. Gilby gave him props which might save him, but I don't see why it should. I wasn't that impressed with Patrice on the Lennon song, but I was impressed with her songwriting (see the web episode to hear the songwriting challenge).

Zayra. What can I say? She dressed up as Ziggy Star(dust), and from the neck up, she was a combination of Liza Minnelli and Cher. No wonder the gays love her. As usual, she was way off key, and it pains me to listen to that. I'm scrubbing my ears with Ajax before I go to bed to get the rot off.

The next four weeks should be the end of Jill, Josh, Patrice, and Zayra (alphabetized). It doesn't matter what order they go, they should be the next four gone. Then, the competition will be fierce. I can't wait.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:44:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

I liked Dilana, Magni and Toby and I guess I bailed on Lukas too soon - I thought he started out really bad, so that I had to turn the channel, only to turn back and see Dave gushing . . . all the contestants do seem to suffer from fading into the background when T. Lee gets out there on drums . . .

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 1:38:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ok, I thought Ryan was TERRIBLE, and yet, they loved it. Go figure.

I loved Magni, Lukas, and Dilana.

I thought Storm and Toby were only ok. Toby would have been spot on, but I also hated the megaphone.

I hated Josh, Jill, Zayra, Patrice and Ryan. They can all go home as far as I'm concerned.

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 6:33:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i thought dilana was just okay this week and she's my favorite to win. lukas surprised me, he did a great job. but ryan, what the hell? were we watching the same show as the supernova guys? i thought they were gonna tear him to pieces and they didn't.

sometimes i wonder if they are just dicking with us. how the hell can zayra remain? how???

 
At Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:40:00 PM, Blogger eddie said...

Last season the one great performance was when Jordis Unga did "The Man Who Saved the World" This sesaon it is Magni doing"The Dolphin's Cry" Download Time!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home