Monday, September 04, 2006

Vote for David!

Are you watching HGTV's Design Star? No? Cool, so you won't mind going here and voting for David since I can only vote once a day.

Design Star is the only other reality show I watch besides Rockstar. Mercifully, they both end next week, and then I will be free of the curse of reality. No, I'm not going to watch DIY's new show, Stud Finder (great name, BTW).

Word on the street is that tonight's (Tuesday, 9/5) performance show on Rockstar is the best of the season. Each of the five remaining rockers gets to do a 2-song set, one cover and one original. And if my sources can be trusted, Toby, Lukas, and Storm each bring the house down. I cannot wait. It's on CBS tonight at 9:00 pm, check it out, and then vote for everyone except Dilana.

Listen for Storm's original song, Ladylike. It rules, fools.

I went to a BBQ last night hosted by some friends who recently sold their business and are considering some pretty exciting plans. They just got back from a 3-week trip to New Zealand where they actually put an offer in on a home. They're not moving (yet), but it all sounded very liberating. The night ended with several guitars and songs around the campfire, the campfire being played by the understudy known as several candles. Good times.

12 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 12:22:00 AM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i'm looking forward to this tonight. i just saw your post on the forum. you make me feel like an amateur when it comes to supernova, so i'm just gonna trust your word that storm's song is good.

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:04:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

sounds like a fun night - and I'll go vote for Dave on HGTV

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 1:43:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm jonesing for some Rockstar tonight.

Speaking of buying property, how goes the condo endeavour, LA?

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 4:53:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

I have never seen Design Star but if he designs as good as he looks I'll vote for him LA.

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:42:00 PM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Moving to New Zealand? Man I'm jealous!

 
At Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:11:00 PM, Blogger eddie said...

Kitty you have to go on Storm's myspace page and hear the "R" rated version of Lady Like. Much better!

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:00:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

mish - The househunting is depressing. The market here is still so high, that the only places I can afford are in the ghetto. But the market is getting softer and priceses are slowly but surely dropping. I'm sort of biding my time, waiting for the lofts to be built, and seeing what the prices look like then.

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:00:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

la - I just saw the last episode of Design Star with the final 2, although I voted for David yesterday - I loved, loved, loved that bedroom he designed! Hope he won! Oh, and could he have a better body?

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:22:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Diane - Wasn't that a great room?

And HGTV has been gratuitously showing David without a shirt throughout the entire series.

Thanks for giving him your vote!

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

la - as to the house hunting in LB, what is ghetto this week, is up and coming next week . . . though the lofts sound like the coolest option

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 1:57:00 PM, Blogger kookla100 said...

LA, I have been watching marathons of Design Star trying to catch up! I spent all weekend just glued to the TV.

 
At Saturday, September 09, 2006 3:55:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Kookla - Design Star and Rockstar end the same week. Coincidence? I think not. ;)

I think they should do a mash-up where Lukas designs a kitchen and David sings a ballad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home