Thursday, January 11, 2007

iTunes Top 25


Hey Ranters!

I did something kind of revealing and interesting on my iTunes today. I took a look at my Top 25, and its diversity kind of surprised me. I think I was struck not only by the artists that were represented but by ones that didn't make the top 25. Of course, your top 25 changes all the time, so this is a fluid list. Nevertheless, I invite you to share your current top 25, either here in comments or in your own blog.


Here's mine:

1. Bloody Mary - The Panic Channel
2. Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In - The 5th Dimension
3. Someday You Will Be Loved - Death Cab for Cutie
4. Ladylike - Storm and the Balls
5. I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor - Arctic Monkeys
6. Black Shoes - The Films (a band I found during my short time on MySpace, they rule)
7. Juicebox - The Strokes
8. Save Me - Aimee Mann
9. Writings on the Wall - The Album Leaf
10. Time Again - Asia
11. Ave Maria + Intro - Chris Cornell and Eleven
12. Skin and Bones - Foo Fighters
13. Crazy - Gnarls Barkley
14. Handsome Devil - Jim Bianco
15. Death by 1000 Cuts - Joe Ongie
16. Firesign - Juke Kartel
17. Save Me - Juke Kartel
18. Throw It Away - Juke Kartel
19. Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair - Nina Simone
20. No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
21. Walking with a Ghost - Tegan and Sara
22. Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham
23. Starless - King Crimson
24. Woman - Wolfmother
25. I Hope I Die Before You Do - John Hoskinson

16 Comments:

At Thursday, January 11, 2007 1:10:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I usually just play my iPod on Shuffle, so they songs all play randomly - but I do have skin and bones and the QOTSA in my play list

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 1:12:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

p.s. Asia? Did u see the 40 yr old virgin?

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 2:13:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

That song Crazy by Gnarles Barkley is like crack. Its very addicting, have you heard their second single?

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 4:51:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Diane - Why do you think Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In is at the top of my list?

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:10:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i guess i don't have to tell you who's in my top 25. honestly, i should just buy the iElvis. at least you have some diversity.

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:28:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

la - touche!

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 7:13:00 AM, Blogger pelegrim said...

Wolfmother and old King Crimson? You have my total respect, la!

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 7:30:00 AM, Blogger pelegrim said...

Oh yeah...here is my TOP 25:

Black Swan - Thom Yorke
Transmission - Joy Division
Monkey - Low
The Promise of Shadows - Peter Gabriel
The Ballad of Danny Bailey - Elton John
Roll Away the Stone - Mott the Hoople
Now Here is Nowhere - The Secret Machines
Let's Jump In - Dead Meadow
Oh Yoko - John Lennon
Cload - Four Tet
Muscle of Love - Alice Cooper
Playhouses - TV on the Radio
Serious Bird Woman - Robert Pollard
Beck - Nausea
In the Morning - Junior Boys
Seconds of Pleasure - Van Hunt
Tetragrammatron - The Mars Volta
Locks in Shadows - Lansing Drieden
Perfume - Sparks
Fair Exchange - Be Bop Deluxe
Too Rolling Stoned - Robin Trower
Magic Time - Van Morrison
She's a Jar - Wilco
My Favorite Dress - The Wedding Present
All Night Radio - All Night Radio

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 8:30:00 AM, Blogger EditThis said...

That's a pretty eclectic mix. I'll have to check out my Top 25. But seriously...Aquarius?

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 12:54:00 PM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Both you and Pelegrim have a very interesting list.

I tend to listen obsessively to one group over and over for a couple of months and move on to another. Right now I'm very into Flogging Molly.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 1:20:00 PM, Blogger pelegrim said...

Prunella...I listened to a snippet of Flogging Molly on the itunes store and I immediately craved a pint of guinness.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 1:47:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ok, my list is up.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 8:35:00 PM, Blogger Pope-rah said...

I love me some Films, gurrrrl!

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In was one of my favorite songs as a kid. I remember belting this out in the car and driving my mom nuts.

Save Me - A+
Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair - A+

 
At Sunday, January 21, 2007 6:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow LA I see a strong RockStar SuperNova influence here. I have LadyLike (The R rated version) on my MYSpace page as a tribute to 2006, cause 06 was all about RS/Sn wasn't it? Anyway without looking I know my top 25 would include She Wants Revenge and the Racounteurs and Coldplay.....

 
At Wednesday, January 24, 2007 4:52:00 AM, Blogger honkeie said...

My ipod has been dead and uncharged for so long I forget whats on it.....but last time I turned it on I know there was some Blood Hood Gang on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home