Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Holiday Update

As you can see, Ruby is 1) adorable, 2) growing, and 3) enjoying her first Christmas. One of her favorite hobbies is chasing Rocco (a cat) around that tree. So far, there have been no casualties.

So I've been rounding out my Christmas shopping the last couple days, and today I faced a big challenge. My family is fairly pragmatic. To that end, we compose holiday wish lists each year, and this season, my brother wrote the following:

My wallet from Italy is getting thrashed. I really like having the gay coin dept in my wallet, I don’t care what people say. Don’t want a huge George Castanza wallet though.


So I set out to find a wallet bearing a "coin dept." Thing is, while the change compartment may be common to the European man, it is completely foreign to his American counterpart. Thus, finer American department stores, namely Nordstrom, don't cater to the coin department-seeking American man. I searched high and low, only to repeatedly strike out and garner strange looks from men's department employees. My feet were aching and my mind was weary when I finally had a brain storm. I sought out a luggage store in the mall, and sure enough, their inventory included men's wallets that accomodate coinage. I told the salesman, "you have no idea how happy you've just made me." I damnably meant it, too. I was so pleased to find the right gift.

7 Comments:

At Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Nice job! I always try the internet before I try an actual store! And Ruby is too cute for words!

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:21:00 AM, Blogger EditThis said...

That's a funny story...I also usually check the internet before I go to any store. My nephews are really great. This year one gave me a list in Word that was complete with images pulled from the internet AND internet links. They make it so damn easy now. And your dog is SOOO cute. Wally says, "What YOU doin', Ruby?"

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:05:00 AM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Ruby is getting so big! She's adorable. House trained yet?

I did all my shopping online this year, but I still hit the shopping malls because (I know, I know) I like it. I have nothing to buy, but I like wandering and window shopping, even in the crowds. Weird?

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 12:33:00 PM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

Love that dog!

This is why I mostly give gift cards. I'm so lazy.

 
At Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:31:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

That's cool. Sounds like your brother will appreciate the effort.

That's a happy dog!!

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

What a great lookin dog! I would also like a wallet with a coin compartment. How great would that be?!?

 
At Friday, December 22, 2006 7:55:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i didn't think guys liked to carry around change. i thought they just liked snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

ruby is cute. and yes, i am home on a friday night. pathetic, i know. but i'm housesitting. this week was rough. next week will be worse because temps fill in for people who have lives.

have fun with your family over the holidays!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home