Monday, December 18, 2006

A Christmas Meme

A Christmas Meme, accompanied by a piece of of my beadwork (go ahead and click it).

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot choclate.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrapped!

3. Colored lights on tree/house? Lots of white lights.

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, not consistently.

5. When do you put your decorations up? When I decorate, I usually do it pretty early, like Thanksgiving weekend or the first weekend in December.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Christmas cookies, especially the ones I call "snowballs." I think they are rum balls.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: See #13 below.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was always cynical. I figured it out and confronted my mother. When she confirmed, I said, "I guess that's ditto the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy."

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Actually, we open all our gifts on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Three table-top trees, each has a theme. One is toys, one is oceanic, one is elegant.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's not an issue in Southern California. I guess you could say I miss it (I lived in Chicago from ages 3-13).

12. Can you ice skate? I used to when I was a kid in Chicago, but now I don't think all my subsequent ankle injuries would tolerate it.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A heart-shaped watch with a shiny pink band. I think it was from the Sears catalogue, and I was about 7.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? It's sappy, but spending time with friends and family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cheesecake.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Crazy stocking gifts. There are no rules... gifts range from the sublime to the ridiculous.

17. What tops your tree? My parents: Depends on the tree, but for my biggest tree, I have a cool star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Carol of the Bells, but I also LOVE the version of Ava Maria by Chris Cornell and Eleven.

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I don't eat candy canes unless they are in peppermint bark or one of those peppermint cappuccino drinks.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 8:55:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

To all - I have had the pleasure of seeing la's AMAZING bead work - it is absolutely gorgeous

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane, you guys make some amazing stuff. As far as snow goes, it hasn't been an issue here. It's been warm from that crazy El Nino!!

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 12:54:00 PM, Blogger PixieGaf said...

LA I miss snow too! Even though we don't get much of it here in Texas I always wanted a white Christmas.

 
At Tuesday, December 19, 2006 6:33:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Getflix: No kidding. As much as I complain about the snow, I'm starting to get worried.

Three trees, LA? Very cool. I like the themes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home