Thursday, January 11, 2007

Why Did the Chicken Cross Abbey Road?

Thursday is my second-favorite day of the week, surpassed only by Friday. The reason I like Thursday so much is two-fold. First off, my work week begins on Sunday, so Thursday is my "Friday." Therefore, it's the beginning of my weekend, and that's a popular day in anybody's week. The second reason I love this day so much is Thursday night television. The Office, Scrubs, and Grey's Anatomy are all on tonight, three of my top five shows. Tonight marks the first new Grey's Anatomy in several weeks, and it's the first in a two-parter which promises to be intense and emotional, so don't call me between 9-10 tonight.

Anyway, my work day has been revised a little bit for the last month or so. The hospital finally broke down and provided us telecommuters with computers owned by them instead of forcing us to have all this crap on our own personal systems (our "system" is several pieces of software that interface, boring). So I've got these two machines lined-up side-by-side on my desk which allows me to listen to music from iTunes all day from one computer while I work on the other one. I was stunned at how much my productivity improved, although contributing to that little tidbit is the fact that I've stopped surfing while I'm working, limiting my Dlisted-and-other-blog-checking to before work, lunchtime, and after work only. I know, it sucks to limit myself to only 16 hours a day instead of 24, but I'm willing to make the sacrifice for the beefier paycheck.

So in the same vein as my last post, these are the tunes that kept me busy while I was working today:

Today's music:
Stevie Nicks - The Artists' Rights Concert
Pat Benatar - Best Shots
U2 - War
Neil Young and Crazy Horse - Sleeps with Angels
My Top 25 (see previous post)
Michael Penn - March
Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Beatles - Abbey Road

7 Comments:

At Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:09:00 PM, Blogger prettykitty said...

i hear ya, LA. i had to cut down on the internet myself. it's hard, but you have to stay disciplined. i don't beat myself up if i miss something really good or funny or come late to the guessing games. well, okay maybe i sweat the guessing games, but that's it.

congrats on the awesome computer upgrade situation. you are one lucky chick to be working from home! you're living my life! i used to freelance from home, but i goofed off way too much. meeting friends for lunch, shopping, drinking.

ok, time to go watch some TV!!

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 7:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like Thursdays too. I'm a big fan of the NBC comedy lineup. The Office and 30 Rock are beyond hilarious.

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 8:12:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I'm in love with The Office. I am a die-hard Jim/Pam supporter. It's true love, people! Karen is a hussy. I feel no love for her.

I'm not an iTunes user, but to get me through my work day, I log into youtube, find high-quality music videos and listen all day. Today, I was obsessed with "Sing" by Travis. So good.

Congratulations on the new computer!

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 9:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not into the tube too much, but I do enjoy your post on 'Idiocy Abounds'. It's unfortunate society's clogged with complete morons these days but I guess we just have to find ourselves good friends who we connect with and just block out the rest. It's hard I know, but we'll get on somehow haha.
ciao.
alex.

 
At Thursday, January 11, 2007 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Nice! I think I have enough American Express points to get a Bose Docking Station - iPods and itunes are great! I'm with V on the tv analysis - The Office and 30 Rock are my fav Thursday night shows

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 8:28:00 AM, Blogger EditThis said...

Nice music choices, and TV, too. Although I don't do Grey's Anatomy.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 8:43:00 AM, Blogger pelegrim said...

U2's War is a great album!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home