Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Procrastinators' Meeting has been Postponed

First off, let me thank everyone for the very kind words from my last post. I very much appreciate your sweet comments.

To update, my knee is holding up well thanks to the cortisone shot I had about ten days ago. I'm able to bear weight on it and ambulate almost normally, though I do find it helps to ice it down every day.

I went for an MRI late last week, and I'm afraid my stage-diving days are over. I have a bone-on-bone situation on the inner part of the knee where the cartilage is worn away, and the remaining cartilage is soft and bruised. It could be better, it could be much worse. I start physical therapy after the Thanksgiving holiday, 3x a week for six weeks. Between strengthening my legs and periodic cortisone injections, I hope to stave off the surgeon for as long as possible.

Aging seriously sucks.

I recently read Pattie Boyd's autobiography. To briefly review it, her life has been nothing short of amazing. She grew up in Africa, returned to London where she started modeling, met and married a Beatle, divorced George Harrison for Eric Clapton, and was the muse for two of the most seminal tunes of a generation. In between, she traveled the world over. But she tells her tale in such a dispassionate and almost detached manner, that I really didn't connect with her or feel the excitement that such a journey should engender. I also came away really disliking Eric Clapton to the point that I will endeavor to read his new autobiography just to learn more about his rehabilitation and how he turned his life around.

Otherwise, life has been pretty hectic. My calendar the rest of the year is filling up fast. I have no idea how I'm going to get ready for the holidays, so I guess I'll do what I do every year... wing it. If I do get around to sending Christmas cards, I'll definitely be using these stamps... an homage to intarsia knitting!

9 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:22:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Those stamps are really awesome.
I am so not ready for the holidays. When I drove into my neighborhood tonight a noticed that some douche was putting up Xmas lights. I drove by a couple hours later found the house lit up.

Glad to hear that you are recovering. PT is such a time committment.

 
At Wednesday, November 21, 2007 8:09:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Hope the knee rehab goes well, and I love the stamps!

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 10:04:00 AM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I will probably read the Patti Boyd book since I love to read about rock muses. It can't be any worse than Bebe Buell's. Plus she had George, the hottest Beatle IMO, the lucky biatch!

Work that knee, girl. You'll be back to crowd surfing in no time.

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 4:14:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Happy Day After Thanksgiving LA!

Hope you had a wonderful day yesterday.

And Yes I am coming out of my funk, thanks for asking.

I just realized that I missed GA last night, crap!

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 5:57:00 PM, Blogger v said...

Darn. Sorry about the knee. I hope you're feeling much better. And you're a trooper LA, you'll be back flipping and cartwheeling out of rehab in no time!

And those stamps are very, very cool!

Hope you had a wonderful Turkey Day!

 
At Friday, November 23, 2007 8:52:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Just keep working that knee, LA!! My arms are almost back.

 
At Sunday, November 25, 2007 7:16:00 PM, Blogger EditThis said...

Sorry to hear about your knee. Aging does suck, and I'm grateful on a daily basis that I haven't (yet) had to deal with an injury of that sort.

 
At Monday, November 26, 2007 5:42:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

Oh god. Christmas cards. I have one ONE written.

 
At Wednesday, November 28, 2007 6:07:00 AM, Blogger D.O.M. Dan said...

LA,

I wanted to stop by and say Goodbye:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home