Saturday, July 05, 2008

Never-Ending Babyfever


This auntie business is a lot more fun than I anticipated, and honestly, my expectations were high. I think part of the intensity is that we haven't had a new baby in my family in nearly 38 years. The infant 37-3/4 years ago was my brother who is now the proud papa of this little girl with whom I am so in love. My sister and I have no children, and my dad died five years before his first grandchild was born. So we're a family who is really starved for babies which I think in part explains the sumptuous feast little Ava represents for us.

On with the photos:

I realized I haven't posted any pictures of my sister-in-law, Becky. Here's the first family portrait, taken in Ava's first few minutes of life.


Three generations: Ava, her mama Becky, and her maternal grandmother Becky (yes, they have the same name). I think Ava looks exactly like her Grandma Becky and her Uncle James (see next).


My sister-in-law Becky has two younger brothers. Here's Ava with her Auntie Gina (my sister) and her Uncle James (Becky's youngest brother).


This is the older of Becky's brothers, Michael, holding his little niece with great tenderness.


Ava and her daddy nose-to-nose. I love this picture. My brother's head is as big as the entire baby.


Ava and her maternal/maternal great-grandmother, Alex (so, Ava's mother's mother's mother, got it?).


Ava Lauren at 10 days old. My mom arrives from out of state in the middle of this month for a 2-week visit. She is going insane with anticipation. I can't say I blame her. I'd lose my mind, too, if I hadn't been able to hold this little bundle of joy.

4 Comments:

At Sunday, July 06, 2008 9:31:00 AM, Blogger EditThis said...

Beautiful family! LA turns baby blogger!

 
At Sunday, July 06, 2008 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Diane said...

She is a much loved, and lucky, little beauty!

 
At Monday, July 07, 2008 2:32:00 PM, Blogger Leo Tolstoy said...

What an absolutely gorgeous wee one. Wow, she certainly is photogenic. Great family pics!

 
At Monday, July 07, 2008 5:16:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

What a nice family. I can see the joy in everyone's faces. Babies are healing, soothing, amazing creations. And they smell so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home