Tuesday, December 12, 2006

A Couple Grey's Spoilers

Watch for these two new couples, they are ON!

- Alex and Addison

- McSteamy and Izzy

OMG, two couples more or less swapping? Hot, hot, HOT! (Izzy and McSteamy are going to have pretty, pretty sex.)

I hear George and Callie are going to have a highly physical reconciliation, too. Oh, and someone's gonna die soon, too. I think it's kind of easy to figure out who that will be, but I'll let the speculation fly in the comments.

Has anyone else noticed they Grey's Anatomy has become even more of an ensemble show this season? They've added to the regular cast, and they've additionally stepped up the storylines of people who aren't Meredith. Also, and I commented on this on another blog (GetFlix) but it bears repeating, until this season, only Meredith Grey did the voiceover narratives that started and ended each episode. This season, they've mixed that up quite a bit. On a recent last episode, no one narrated the beginning of the show; one had Cristina narrate; one ended with Denny's answering machine message; and yet another episode had all five interns each say a line in the opening narration. You know what I think? I think that the producers realize that Meredith/Ellen Pompeo isn't all that popular with their audience. Oh sure, she has her fans, but she also has tons of detractors. And I think the producers realize it and are responding by subtly spreading the story lines out a bit more equally among the rest of the characters.

Discuss?

SPOILER UPDATE (From TVGuide.com):

Question: I heard that someone on Grey's will get pregnant. Would you happen to know who?

Ausiello: Not sure about that, but I can tell you who's getting engaged: George and Callie! Although no one within six degrees of Shonda Rhimes would confirm it (shocker!), one well-placed mole tells me that they'll make the announcement during February sweeps. Now, why do you suppose George and Callie — who were still broken up in the last episode — would rush into marriage so quickly? Hmmm…

10 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:28:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Well I saw the Alex and Addison hookup from a mile away. It shall be interesting. As for McSteamy and Izzy... I like this idea, but I can hear Meredith's voice already grating on my last nerve. Yes, this year has been less focused on her and more on the cast as a whole. I used to really like Meredith, but as Season 2 went on, I became less and less tolerant of here persistent whining. George and Callie... over it. Sorry, but I am totally over it.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 5:38:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

Ryan - I'm with you about George and Callie. If they never shared a scene again, it would be okay by me.

 
At Tuesday, December 12, 2006 8:06:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

I am still bumming over the lack of new episodes!! What are they doing to us fans?

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:49:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO... to your update.

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Because I don't watch the show, this is what your post looked like to me - "blah blah blah McSteamy blah blah blah"

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:36:00 PM, Blogger M-M-M-Mishy said...

I hope Merideth's character fades into the background. The others are much more entertaining and better played.

Alex and Addison: Hot.

McSteamy and Izzy: Hot.

Alex and Izzy: Will be hot when it happens because you know it will one day.

Thanks for the updates. I'm going through withdrawl over here.

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:46:00 PM, Blogger LA said...

I agree, Mish. Alex and Izzy will be together again in the future, but I approve of both of their hook-ups in the meantime.

diane - LOL!

 
At Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:17:00 PM, Blogger GetFlix said...

Diane, it's great fun!!

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 11:35:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah I heard about George and Callie. Someone else reads spoiler fix like I do!!

 
At Thursday, December 14, 2006 10:56:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

ffleur - That would be my dream come true!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home