Thursday, November 29, 2007

Dirty Sexy Awesome

Is anybody else watching Dirty Sexy Money? It’s like a modern, campy version of Dynasty, well written, and utterly entertaining. Last night, they had Peter Strauss as a special guest star playing the (supposedly) dead father to Peter Krause’s character in flashback mode. Since his dead body was never found in the plane crash wreckage in which he allegedly perished, hopefully Strauss’s character will turn up alive and he’ll be at least semi-regular on the show. He was terrific and would be a perfect addition to this stellar cast. My favorite character right now is the priest, Brian Darling. He’s so delightfully wicked. Watch it Wednesdays, 10:00 p.m. on ABC or available online at www.ABC.com.

I started physical therapy on my bum knee this week. I’m really committed to it because I really, really, really want to avoid surgery for as long as possible, so I’m being extremely faithful about doing the routine at home. I have to do it twice a day, and I’m finding it takes nearly two hours a day to get that done. Add to that the fact that it’s year-end so I’m getting in all my doctors appointments, my mother is arriving later in the month for two weeks, and I still have all my Christmas shopping to do, all of a sudden, I have no free time. Yeah, I know, whine, whine, who cares.

Angelenos – I know it supposedly doesn’t exist, but does anyone else think we’re having earthquake weather? (UPDATE: Never mind, it's much cooler today.)

Lastly, good luck to Ryan on his marathon this weekend, and congratulations for raising so much money for lymphoma and leukemia research and care!

8 Comments:

At Friday, November 30, 2007 9:57:00 AM, Blogger EditThis said...

What do you mean you "still" have all your Christmas shopping to do. No one is done shopping at this point in the year except for my mom and sisters. I haven't started yet.

 
At Friday, November 30, 2007 10:25:00 AM, Blogger LA said...

Edit - My mother's been done since the 1st of November. I used to be good at spreading out my Christmas shopping and getting a little bit at a time leading up to Christmas, but lately, I've been doing the mad rush at the end. Honestly, I preferred it when I was more organized.

 
At Friday, November 30, 2007 1:06:00 PM, Blogger Diane said...

My mom finished her shopping by the fall, too. I plan to do all my shopping my internet if at all possible!

I only saw the first episode of that show, but they were definitely leaving open the possibility of the dad being alive.

Go Ryan!!!!!!

 
At Friday, November 30, 2007 3:24:00 PM, Blogger kookla@work said...

I haven't checked out Dirty Sexy Money, but man do I have it bad for Peter Krause. I heard this show is great.

Good luck on your PT, those things are never fun, but it will do you good. And double good luck to Ryan! Run, Ryan, Run! (paraphrasing the line in Forrest Gump!!)

 
At Saturday, December 01, 2007 3:44:00 PM, Blogger v said...

Glad to hear you're kicking butt on the rehabbing. Pretty soon the Chargers will be calling you to add depth to their running back position.

And I know this is very unoriginal but if you need to save some time in the Xmas Shopping department, maybe do a part of it online or load up on gift cards? Sorry that's my best suggestion.

And go Ryan!

 
At Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:26:00 PM, Blogger norm said...

Norm has not watched this. But he is in quest of new programs as the writer's strike takes hold!!

 
At Sunday, December 02, 2007 9:46:00 PM, Blogger Mike V. said...

I love it when you talk dirty-sexy-money!
:)

I hope your leg feels better soon.

Shop online, it's easier.
Also, since you love photography, check out the services that they offer online now for making really nice books for gifts out of your photos.
I just ordered some from mypublisher.com after seeing one of their books in person. VERY nice..

Hope everything else is going OK, it's been a while.
Shoot me an email when you can.

 
At Monday, December 03, 2007 6:26:00 AM, Blogger Prunella Jones said...

I'm too poor to do much xmas shopping this year. Everyone is getting a gift card and that's it!

Work that knee, girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home